1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

ETE

Discussion in 'Dojo' started by Genzen, Oct 12, 2005.

1. Genzen

Genzen Well-Known Member

I know this will have been covered a million times before, it's probably on the game's tutorial and I will sound like an amateur for asking, but I'll do it anyway....

In regards to Evading Throw Escapes, if I was to do Evade + Double Throw Escape, but I don't hold guard, will I always whiff a throw, or is it possible to do it fast enough without whiffing the throw?

Again, sorry if this has been covered, but I'm useless at using the search tool....

2. sanjuroAKIRA

sanjuroAKIRA Well-Known Member

if you don't get a full whiffed throw animation, it's because you just got hit. /versus/images/graemlins/cool.gif

3. Genzen

Genzen Well-Known Member

So you have to hold Guard after doing a throw escape, otherwise you whiff out a throw like a moron?

Ok, thanks....

4. Dandy_J

Dandy_J Well-Known Member

Also, guard only has to be held 1 frame longer than P during ETE to not get a whiff. So there's no reason to let your finger linger on the G button.

5. Genzen

Genzen Well-Known Member

Oh really?
    That sounds cool then, I can get ready to go on the offence as soon as I have input the commands then....

6. Maximus

Maximus Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Ev2 said:

Oh really?
    That sounds cool then, I can get ready to go on the offence as soon as I have input the commands then....

[/ QUOTE ]

And here I was lingering with my finger on the button thinking that it was doing any good. /versus/images/graemlins/lol.gif