1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Ethernet?

Discussion in 'Console' started by whodat, Jun 5, 2002.

1. whodat

whodat Member

Hey, just wandering something. I've heard about an ethernet for ps2, but does anyone know when it is comming out? IMO, Xbox is a step ahead with it since they have a lot of halo online players. I just think that it will be more skill since you are playing at home, on your own ps2 and own stick. let me know what u think

2. Tetra

Tetra Well-Known Member

well... sega didn't say they will support it. And imagine wat a tiny lag will do in online vf.

3. matt_a

matt_a Member

The technology is there. I used to work for a dev house and we had debug ps2 drawing data from our server via standard USB ethernet adapters. It just requires developers to add support, which I doubt will happen due to cost.

4. cka

cka Active Member

It [the sony broadband adapter] is coming out at the end of August. And I don't think there's any plans from Sega on invoking VF4 with an online patch -- although I'm hoping they release an Evolution patch to fix the movelist and possibly add those new characters for the hard drive next year.