1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Euro VF Gathering in Amsterdam, 29-30 August, 2009

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by Krye, May 5, 2009.

1. lotrzyna

lotrzyna Well-Known Member

Tag: Lotrzyna
    Hometown: Warsaw, Poland
    Main: Kage
    Sub: Lei Wu Long :)
    Experience: switched from Tekken to VF on VF4Evo Euro release day

I'm posting but since I already failed other vfdc users' reliance twice, I'm not saying that I'll be there 100%.
    I would like to be there very much but .. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

I could bring my VSHG, but since it is going to be X360 version ... - could somebody tune my VSHG so that I could use it with PS3 and X360 ? how much would it be ? (parts etc...)
    If it is impossible - would there be any AS available to borrow ?

Just for the info - I checked tickets and my only option, considering finishing work at 5PM, is arriving in Amsterdam on Saturday 8.15AM - a question - is getting from airport to event place easy ? I mean is there a lot of English language signs along the way ? (stations names, line names etc)

2. Mister

Mister Well-Known Member Content Manager Wolf Content Manager Sarah Content Manager Aoi

Hey lot, you'r probably going to go to bruxelles like Griever. If you come to Bruxelles in the 28 we can take the train togheter, if you want of course.

3. NGKrush

NGKrush Well-Known Member

PSN:
    de_kroet
    XBL:
    de kroet
    If you land at Schiphol Airport(That's the one closest to Amsterdam) it is fairly easy to take a direct train to the event (it's 10min by train and 10 by subway). If more people land at (around) the same time I could pick the group up from Schiphol to make the public transport travel totally hassle free but we'll have to wait for confirmation of booking before something like that can be organised.

When taking the train from either Brussels or Rotterdam directly to the event you'll have to change trains at Schiphol airport anyway, so the offer also stands for train travellers.

4. MP

MP Well-Known Member

PSN:
    MonkeypunchVF
    fixed /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

5. Mister

Mister Well-Known Member Content Manager Wolf Content Manager Sarah Content Manager Aoi

Well the best option for me is to fly to bruxelles and land in the airport Charleroi.
    That's the only cheap option from my city. There's no other way. So i just need to know which trains starts near the Charleroi's airport to come in Amsterdam.
    If someone lands in my same Airport please contact me /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

6. rodrigue

rodrigue Member

XBL:
    rodryu
    Hi there, i'm interested i will confirm if i can come or not by the end of june.
    So

Nickname: Rodryu
    Main Character: Shun-di

7. Krye

Krye French Star Player

PSN:
    KryeMeARiver
    XBL:
    Krye NL
    Rodryu! Hope you'll be able to make it!

It's been almost two years!

I'll keep a count from now on:

# of unconfirmed players: 10
    # of confirmed players: 6
    Ideal situation as of now: 16 players attending!

Please fill in the form if you want to come over, part of the fun is the hype we build before the event!

8. StarNab

StarNab Well-Known Member

Hi there,

I'm interrested as I mentionned before. I'll try to take the full week as vacation in Amsterdam with some friends of mine and finish my hollidays with the tournament.

Nickname: StarNab
    Main Character: Kage-maru

I will give confirmation once everything is settled.

9. Vortigar

Vortigar Well-Known Member

I'm almost over the arse-kicking I received in Sweden. I think I'll be able to handle another round of it come August. ^_^

Nickname: Vortigar
    Main: Brad

10. akebueno

akebueno Well-Known Member

count me in!

Nickname: Akebueno
    Main: Shun

11. lotrzyna

Few questions:

Any free plays planed for Saturday or Sunday ?

What time the tournament starts ?

The most valuable place to see on Sunday until 7PM ? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Do you plan on having a money tournament ?
    I mean - for example 5 Euro from every participant and then winner70% 2nd place20% 3rd10% ?

Is the event place a someone's house or arcade ? sorry did not get that from first post - asking only to know if there will be a lot of space - 32 is quite a lot of people.

12. Krye

Krye French Star Player

PSN:
    KryeMeARiver
    XBL:
    Krye NL
    Alright!

Good stuff, Starnab! I remember reading that people were hating on you in the bad games thread, this is a great opportunity to prove them all wrong! I bet they didn't expect you to actually be interested in something like this /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif .

# of unconfirmed players: 11
    # of confirmed players: 8
    Ideal situation as of now: 19 players attending!

Please fill in the form if you want to come over, part of the fun is the hype we build before the event!

Speaking about hype: I thought it would be a fun idea if I (or some of the other Dutch guys) would write something about Amsterdam each week. I was thinking about writing about things like monuments or old buildings, and about things like the food (I know NGKrush was planning to write about the typical Dutch food), places to go out, shopping areas, museums, and maybe a bit about the VF scene? I have some ideas about what I write about already, but I think it would be fun if you guys would think of some things you'd like to know about Amsterdam as well /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif . I was thinking it would be fun if I did this on a weekly basis, so you don't have to be in a hurry to think of things you want to know /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif .

Expect the first story this weekend!

13. MP

MP Well-Known Member

PSN:
    MonkeypunchVF
    I got one, cheapest place to drink in Amsterdam /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

important things first eh? heheh

14. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

No sugar or chocolate coated sprinkles on my sandwiches thanks Krye /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

I like Liquorice though!

15. Jeneric

Jeneric Well-Known Member

Nickname: Destroyer of Bobs
    Main Character: Shemale DLX aka Vanessa

Can't entirely 100% confirm yet, but consider me in.

16. Krye

Krye French Star Player

PSN:
    KryeMeARiver
    XBL:
    Krye NL
    @Jeneric: Nice, really hoping you can make it! Have the rest of the Stockholm guys heard about this?

@Monkeypunch: Cheapest place to drink would be your own room, haha. Other than that, it doesn't really matter where you go to drink. Also, it's legal to just buy beer in a store and drink it outside.. as long as you don't get really drunk and cause a disturbance.

@Feck: I won't give you hagelslag, then. I'll tell you that you have to try the Dutch cheeses, though, so good! Esp. old cheese /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif .

17. lotrzyna

I've forgot one question:

How many set-ups do you think you can organize ?

Dutch cheese is quite famous isn't it ? - is Cheddar Dutch ?

To see I meant for example monument, museum or sth like that - Heineken factory with glass floor in one of the rooms and beer tasting ?;-)

Drinking on the street ? interesting... Griever are you reading this ?;-)

18. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

I meant to ask about how many setups you guys can get running too, but totally forgot... doh.

Also Krye i'll definitely be trying the cheese, big fan of cheese /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

19. NGKrush

NGKrush Well-Known Member

PSN:
    de_kroet
    XBL:
    de kroet
    We're counting on 5 setups at the moment maybe 1 or 2 more.

Dutch cheese is pretty famous, Edam cheese is one of the more famous ones, I think cheddar is actually English.

20. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Oh what the hell.. here goes. I havent got a clue where to sleep etc, or if Im gonna make it, but this could be okay for practise before the WCG quals. If Combolammas considers coming, I should too.

Nickname: Manjimaru
    Main character: Akira

ps.
    Lol