1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Euro VF Gathering in Amsterdam, 29-30 August, 2009

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by Krye, May 5, 2009.

1. Vortigar

Vortigar Well-Known Member

14 if your count's right as I'm going to have to drop from the tournament. Family obligations have pulled the Saturday out for me.

I'll be coming by on Sunday, Friday & Thursday depending on when people start coming in.

See you guys in Amsterdam.

2. Krye

Krye French Star Player

PSN:
    KryeMeARiver
    XBL:
    Krye NL
    Ah, too bad Maurits. Still awesome that you're gonna come over, though!

So the count stays at 13! 13+reaver-vortigar=13

Sofiane might come over too, I'm not sure. Same goes for Seiko_Killa (they're both Dutch players).

Just one more week [​IMG]

3. LDbob

LDbob Member

Hi guys!

As hyped as ever, here.

I dunno about money matches --> always when I have travelled to the Central European countries, people have bailed on the bets at the last minute after looking over my shoulder during casuals! (This is actually my way of saying that my funds are a bit at the low right now (and this is my way of pretending modesty while still screaming out my confidence (and this is my way of letting people know I'll be aiming for a fun fun time! [​IMG] (and this is my way of fulfilling mine and Jenerics good cop/bad cop strategy that we're so certain will destroy any opposing forces ))) Although perhaps I was meant to either be the bad cop or the good cop, not both? I'll have to ask.

We'll be arriving sometime on Thursday carrying ->
    Blond hair
    Blue eyes
    Two joysticks + a spare one for playstation (you never know who might be up for a tekken challenge eh Sofiane!!)
    A little bit of spending power, in EURO
    Two set of haircuts typical to the average male in Sweden
    A pinch of Vanessa, a breath of Akira and a pinch of KAGE for when everybody else wanna sleep and you cant push the joystick as hard
    The certainty that everyone not attending here are, in fact, not in the same league
    Mobile phones so we can call you, or you us

Cya!

/Bob

4. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
  5. LDbob

LDbob Member

Comments from the public about other pictures taking at the same time as the above:

"is that a guy or a girl?"

"UNISEX!"

"a name like that, a look like that, and a champion of virtua fighter... I wonder how hard he must work when picking up! :D"

6. GoLD_ReaVeR

GoLD_ReaVeR Member

Just to inform the uninformed, about every swedish guy fits that description. Same goes for swedish women.

7. Krye

Krye French Star Player

PSN:
    KryeMeARiver
    XBL:
    Krye NL
    Awesome!

Bob: Would you and Jeneric mind if we grabbed something to eat at the airport after we pick you up? The UK guys are arriving like 2 hours after you do and it would be tough to bring you guys to Twan's place and then rushing back to pick the other people up.

Same goes for friday, mister is arriving around 6 PM, so I thought we (everyone) might pick him up, take him to his hostel and then eat something in the city center? Or maybe two people pick up mister, the rest of the people check out Amsterdam and then we meet up somewhere and grab some food?

8. Jeneric

Jeneric Well-Known Member

Definitely, sounds like a plan.

9. ChiefGutti

ChiefGutti Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ChiefGutti
    XBL:
    ChiefGuttiWolf
    Good luck with the tourney this weekend! I'll be rooting for Blixt Bob for sure!

Adam Yuki saw Bob's potential during WCG and I might be betting that Bob is the best VF player in Scandinavia at the moment. However! Jeneric might even be better than Bob for all I know, since I have not played against him offline since forever!

I have returned to playing Wolf after being taught his potential by Chief Flash over in NY. Though, Bob and Jeneric are probably still way ahead of me in VF5, but I hope to be able to level with them again in the future if an eventual R comes out.

Again, hope you play well, Bob and Jeneric, and keep Scandinavia on the map, although it probably fell off a bit after FT.

As a side note, I just purchased tickets to London for the SVO in September. Ollie, Jide and Hatim are putting up a tourney in VF during that weekend, so if any of you got the chance to join for that too, then that would be wicked.

Krye: I always wanted to join for this session but knowing all along that I have to hand in my Master Thesis on Tuesday the 1st, I could not risk it. I've been at the library for 9 hours + every day for 2 weeks now, but hope to be getting the chance to playing you offline at another opportunity in the near future [​IMG]

10. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    Enjoy your gathering!

11. Griever

Griever Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Griever_PL
    Yep... enjoy it! [​IMG]
    (I'm literally crying 'cause I couldn't come [​IMG] )

12. Fulan

Fulan Well-Known Member

1: Bob
    2: Krye
    3: Jeneric

13. Sp00n

Sp00n Well-Known Member

Was good fun guys
    Nice meeting VF players from other european countries. Mad props to Mister, for coming all the way from Italy, solo.
    I guess the french surrendered by default and the germans were to busy eating bradwurst, since there was no trace of em.

To elaborate on Fulan's very short (and incorrect) post. There was a tourney that ended with Bob and Jeneric in the finals, Bob won. Jeneric defeated Ngkrush and Bob defeated Krye in the semi finals.
    I think most of those matches have been recorded, so i'm sure they'll appear on krye's youtube's account soonish.

As expected I sucked and didn't won a thing :p
    I found blazblue a really interesting game. Tho I might be biased because of the various references and the anime style of the game :p

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Oh and I hope you guys liked the cheese :p

14. Cozby

Cozby OMG Custom Title! W00T!

PSN:
    CozzyHendrixx
    XBL:
    Stn Cozby
    Nu is a hot mess

15. Krye

Krye French Star Player

PSN:
    KryeMeARiver
    XBL:
    Krye NL
    @Spoon: Fulan was actually right.

I lost to Bob in the semi-finals of the winner's bracket, but I made my way through the loser's bracket to meet Bob again in the grand finals, where I won the first set, but lost the final deciding one (damn you Bob! hahaha). The full results were like this:

1. Bob
    2. Krye
    3. Jeneric
    4. Akebueno (Big props!)
    5. NGKrush
    5. MarlyJay
    7. Mister
    7. Reaver (Reaver left after losing his first match in the winner bracket)
    9. MP_Lupin
    9. MasterPasje
    11. Craven
    11. Spoon

I'd just like to say that this meeting was awesome, thanks to everyone for making the effort to come out and support VF! Even though I was kind of disappointed by the low number of foreign players, it worked out perfectly. If there were any more players, things would probably have gotten a bit too crowded.

I will start uploading matches tonight, I think all of the tourney matches have been recorded, as well as some casual ones. Plenty of matches in any case.

I'll do some shoutouts tonight.

PS. The cheese was awesome, Spoon.

16. erdraug

erdraug Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

XBL:
    erdraug
    Congratulations to Bob for winning and Krye for organizing and everybody who attended for being so motivated about VF, i feel so jealous for not being able to come, i hope you guys remembered to take some pictures of the event too!

17. AkiraZero

AkiraZero Well-Known Member

Awesome! Can't wait to watch those vids [​IMG]

18. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Great stuff guys! Looking forward to the media [​IMG]

19. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Great stuff and congrats to Bob for victory and Krye for getting second place in front of Jeneric! Im happy that there was an international VF gathering but Im sad that I couldn't come.

I'm looking forward to seeing the videos.

That business trip I was supposed to be on didn't happen after all but I wouldn't have been able to come anyway since my passport was stuck with Russian authorities who were handling my Russian visa..

20. Krye

Krye French Star Player

PSN:
    KryeMeARiver
    XBL:
    Krye NL
    Ok! Some shoutouts, some pictures, and some movies on the way!

[​IMG]
    VF time!

[​IMG]
    From left to right:
    Krye, MP_Lupin, Vortigar, MarlyJay (sitting), Sofiane, Jeneric (sitting), Mister, Bob, NGKrush (sitting), Akebueno

[​IMG]
    Can't play VF without some arcade sticks!

I just want to repeat what I said this morning: awesome weekend, guys! I heard everyone got together today as well.. I'm so sad I had to work!

Time for shoutouts!

Fabrizio: I loved your description of yourself: blue eyes, brown hear, 1,80 m. tall, not thin, but not fat.. You could be anyone, haha! Awesome that you came out all the way from Italy! I felt talking was a bit hard, since you didn't seem to understand English that well, but it was easy to tell you're a great guy. Your Wolf was nice, you are very good at mixing up your moves at the right situations! Only thing you need to do is use some more damaging attacks/throws and work on your defense a little bit (I saw you throwescaping and fuzzying more and more as the weekend went on, very impressive!) and you'll be very strong.
    If you're going through with organising a gathering in Italy, let me know, I heard that some of the Dutch guys want to start meeting up more again, so I think we're gonna be more active again. We'll definitely come out in that case!
    Send me the recipe for that pasta you were talking about, I want to try it!

Lewis: The only one brave enough to actually try out a Dutch dish at the restaurant, nice (everyone else had steak or something similar.. also nice, but not Dutch Food Nice). I don't remember what it was, but all Dutch dishes are nice, so it doesn't matter! [​IMG] . Your Sarah has potential! What I noticed though, is that you tend to use high attacks or unsafe mids from flamingo, this is what gets you killed really fast! Also, you need to start using 4k+g as a whiffpunisher, I saw you forcing whiffs from opponents, but your whiffpunishers lacked that "Crap, he really made me pay for whiffing that move! Better not whiff again!" kind of damage. 4k+g should fill that hole nicely!
    Thanks for coming over!

Marlon: Eileeeeen! No offense, but playing you really strengthened my thoughts about online being crap! I was secretly amazed at how easy it is to interrupt the flip on reaction.
    You have a really nice Eileen, it just seemed like there's a lot of online habits stuck in your game. An example is the flip (although when I looked at you playing other people, it didn't seem like anyone else was interrupting you), but also things like abare-ing too much looked like they hurt your game a bit. I really liked some of the stuff you did though. Especially your ability to duck under high moves (like high string followups) is really impressive [​IMG] , but I also liked all the Eileen movement jumps, never seen those before and you had some very nice setups with those. I think you are a solid player and with a little more awareness in your game about what to when, you'll be a force to be reckoned with! Also, Kriek is crap [​IMG] !

Jonas: I was so happy to find out I understand Vanessa a lot better now. In Stockholm, you could k+g me all day long and I'd fall for it every time. Now I ducked and punished it a few times. Also I was just less intimidated by the sheer number of moves that were being thrown at me, haha. Thanks for the comments you gave on my game, you have some nice views that are like more about the big picture instead of focussing on a small part. Thanks for that. Also, when you said I improved noticably, it really made my day [​IMG] . Hope to play some VF with you again, and if that doesn't happen, I'll just come over for some Tekken or something :p .

Bob: hmm...

Man, you are so consistent! It's like you never miss an input and always handle each situation correctly! You are also so stubborn, when you decide you don't want to get thrown, you just keep doing stuff to avoid my throws.. and I fall for it every time! [​IMG] . Man, I was so happy when I beat you in a casual first to 5, the first time I ever won a set of matches against you! It was like the ultimate reward for the practice I put into the game the past couple of months (even though I didn't play all that much, I still focused on improving when I did play), so this alone already made the weekend a great success [​IMG] .
    Now to beat you in Tekken.. (something tells me that's gonna take a few more years, hahaha)

To all the Dutch guys coming out to represent our small country: Nice! We should do some more meetings again! Sofiane told me he got excited for the game again after this weekend, I hope this goes for more of you, so we can keep this game alive!

Once again, to all of the foreign people that attended:

Thanks for making the effort, it was an awesome weekend. Let's do this again when R hits... or maybe earlier, hahaha.

PS: Here's some vids [​IMG]

I found out Ake actually recorded an entire first to 5 between me and Bob, which happened to be the one that I won. Since I'm proud of achieving this, I uploaded the entire thing. This is in no way a diss to Bob nor am I saying I'm better than he is, but I am proud of this achievement, so I uploaded it.

Euro VF: Bob(Akira) vs Krye(Lau)
    Euro VF: Bob(Akira) vs Krye(Lau) 2
    Euro VF: Bob(Akira) vs Krye(Lau) 3
    Euro VF: Bob(Akira) vs Krye(Lau) 4
    Euro VF: Bob(Akira) vs Krye(Lau) 5
    Euro VF: Bob(Akira) vs Krye(Lau) 6
    Euro VF: Bob(Akira) vs Krye(Lau)7
    Euro VF: Bob(Akira) vs Krye(Lau) 8
    Euro VF: Bob(Akira) vs Krye(Lau) 9

More vids tonight or maybe tomorrow!

EDIT: I uploaded some extra vids, these are the first four matches of the 8 man double elimination tournament bracket, we played a group phase before that, but there's no vids of that.

Vids:

Euro VF 2009 Tournament: Akebueno(Shun) vs Bob(Akira)
    Euro VF 2009 Tournament: Mister(Wolf) vs Krye(Lau)
    Euro VF 2009 Tournament: NGKrush(Jeffry) vs Reaver(Akira)
    Euro VF 2009 Tournament: MarlyJay(Eileen) vs Jeneric(Vanessa)