1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

European Championships

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Gnug315, Apr 5, 2001.

1. Gnug315

Gnug315 Well-Known Member

This is a tentative announcement of what we will have no qualms in calling the European Championship, to take place for 5-7 days sometime between April 14th-22nd in Copenhagen, Denmark.

Attending will be "Prince" Hatim, <font color=red>Ryan Hart</font color=red>, PKG-Roy, Steve, Mohammed and Marc aka The Wall, all from London UK, along with yours truly and my sparring partner of 14 years, Wiqas aka Mightybutt. All are super great friendly guys, and I remember from the London Showdown almost four years ago how truly amazing not only Hatim and Ryan's skillz were (Ryan being the most ruthless gamer of any type I have met in my lifetime of gaming - and that's quite a few, I might mention), but how PKG-Roy's maneuvering in the Arena (along with Ki Nam's overpowered Shun) made the entire audience of hardcore VF'ers and gamers alike drop their jaws when watching his games. Mighty and myself have been playing ourselves ever since, and are determined to TAKE THEM OUT, esp. Ryan (atleast once during the week).

The details aren't in place yet, hence the "tentative". Accomodation is being looked into, and if nothing cheap can be found, I guess everybody is gonna have to crash at my place :eek:

The reason I am announcing it now without the final decisions regarding attendance and dates have been made yet, is in order to give other potential challengers a chance to find out if they can make it.

With even just the abovementioned list of attending players, I can guarantee that this gathering will THE most hard-core competition seen in Europe for years, and will feature gameplay of a calibur that probably rivals even the best of the world - certainly the western world. What I'm saying is, if there are any americans who have the time and means to make a visit to Wonderful Wonderful Copenhagen on such short notice, they will be in for one hell of a VF-ing experience.

We have two VF3 (ob) arcade machines in two seperate locations, with japanese controls - reknowned for their perfection. A note must be made to potantial veterans of any US sticks that they are different from what you're used to, and WOULD require some adjusting. I know SuperDoug had issues with the sticks in the London tourney, altho he was terribly polite about not bitching about it in any way. Otoh, 5-7 days is a long time to have to get used to them, and I sincerely believe that it would be very overcomable. If not, you will get to watch some hardcore play without being to mingle in with your own fancy footwork, causing much grief and pulling of hair. But it would be fun nonetheless, methinks :)

Anyways, if anyone else wants to come, get in touch with me asap - gnug315@hotmail.com or ICQ 12075405

- Jan

2. GLC

GLC Well-Known Member

How about starting April 28th? -nt-

-nt-

3. Gnug315

answer, plus accomodation info

Wiqas and myself are a couple out-of-work *cough* bums, so it's the same to us... but the UK crowd is calling the shots, and I believe that's their easter vacation and the only time they can make it. So far it's only us, anyways.. but I really hope you can make it over GLC, atleast for a day.. you gotta!

www.sleepinheaven.com gives accomodation for about UK£9 / US$12, btw, and crashing at my place is always there as a last resort.

- Jan

4. GLC

GLC Well-Known Member

Re: answer, plus accomodation info

Easter holidays are the only time I can't go (have to visit my family twice a year, Xmas and now), so oh well, some other time :(

5. ThePrince

ThePrince Well-Known Member

Trying our very hardest to get everything organised, one big issue is that we don't play OB we play TB, we'll bring a DC over and a couple sticks, we'll play on the arcade sure, but TB is a hell of a lot better.

See you soon.

6. Gnug315

UPDATE

The event is being moved to mid-may.

The event will feature a VF3 ob arcade machine with jap controls, and a DC with a monitor and projector to a white screen. The event will hopefully be recorded/filmed.

Details being decided this weekend, expect a final announcement early this coming week.

- Jan

7. GLC

GLC Well-Known Member

YES! -nt-

-nt-

8. ThePrince

ThePrince Well-Known Member

Re: YES! -nt-

Does that mean you're coming? You better bring back up with you!!!!!!! I'm telling you it WILL be hardcore!!!! :p

9. Gnug315

See "Euro Champs May 19-26th !!!" thread -nt-

This thread outdated, see "Euro Champs May 19-26th !!!" thread.