1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

European online tournament

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by Rayne, Nov 27, 2009.

1. Rayne

Rayne Well-Known Member

I've taken it upon myself to organise a European VF5 tournament which will start on January 9th 2010. Anyone from Europe is welcome to enter, providing you have a decent connection. If you want to enter please send a PM to me and I will compile a list. Please let's keep this thread nice and concise so only leave a comment if it's helpful to the thread [​IMG] That way it will be easy for anyone to see what's going on with this tournament without having to trawl through dozens of pages. I'll update the list of entrants whenever I can so you can see who you'll be facing.
    Rules so far are as follows:
    Best of 5 rounds, first to 5 games.
    Make sure you have sole access to the internet during the match times, i.e. make sure other internet users in your house don't start downloading half way through.
    Character change is not allowed during matches.
    Plug pulling, or not turning up for your matches will mean you won't be able to enter in future.
    Kage is banned.
    Only kidding about Kage [​IMG]

Please spread the word and let's try to inject some life back in the european VF scene!

PaulMartinKPG likes this.
  2. Seidon

Seidon The God of Battle walks alongside me! Content Mgr El Blaze

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    You can count me in.

Great idea.

3. AnimalStaccato

AnimalStaccato Well-Known Member

I'm keen.

Seconded.

4. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

I'm definitely in the 8th is gonna be a busy day for me though. Rayne i'll pm you close to the date.

5. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    I should be able to play. I suppose the format will depend on how many people enter, but i guess it won't be all done in one evening?

6. MP

MP Well-Known Member

PSN:
    MonkeypunchVF
    I may be able to play, if I still have a 360 and xbl so
    I'll have to be a maybe for now,

Great idea though

7. Krye

Krye French Star Player

PSN:
    KryeMeARiver
    XBL:
    Krye NL
    Nice! I was thinking about getting back into VF; I guess I have a reason to go back to training now! Even though I hate playing online, this should be a lot of fun [​IMG] .

Anyone that wants to play/practice: send me a friend request and invite me for a game when I'm on!

PS: Banning Kage sounds like a good idea... [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    quiet

9. EfreeteG

EfreeteG Well-Known Member

heh so tragical that i would like to play but my connection is fucked up thats why i think i woulnt have any chance to play even 1 game pff..

Kage:"Waga michi ni makenadonai"

10. Rayne

Rayne Well-Known Member

Krye yeah you should get back into it, you'll be a strong contender for the title I reckon. Is anyone in touch with Bob? Also I cant remember what Darius' name on VFDC is, anyone remember?

11. Seidon

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    I'll let faded film know when I get my Xbox back.

I dunno if he still browses VFDC.

There are a couple of new players here in Glasgow that I have been showing the game to, they're 2D fans but I'll see if they're interested.

12. Krye

Krye French Star Player

PSN:
    KryeMeARiver
    XBL:
    Krye NL
    Bob doesn't have an xbox, he just plays at a gamecentre, so no chance of seeing him online. Also, he probably doesn't play VF anymore (I think I remember saying that 3s was his main game, Tekken 2nd and VF after that or something like that).

Darius is STPRock on here (or something like that).

Thanks for the compliment, but I don't care about this kind of title. Offline is the only way to go in terms of tournaments and stuff, but I reckon this is a good way to get some activity again, so I gotta help out, at least by participating [​IMG] .

A good question someone asked earlier in the thread: will this be completed on one day? Since it's on a saturday, it'd be nice for me if it'd be done on one day, since it's the only day I have no obligations apart from studying.

If there's enough interest, maybe we can get some offline activity going again, maybe summer 2010? (if people play now, they'll be playing by then, I reckon) .

I think the Italian guys were thinking about doing something? Would be sweet if we could get a Euro Gathering 2010!

13. Seidon

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    I second this.

Shouldn't just be a EU gathering though. We should try and set something up for late on next year for everyone.

14. Chief_Flash

Chief_Flash Well-Known Member

XBL:
    T1L ALL AR3 0N3
    great idea rayne! [​IMG]

15. Anarkira

Anarkira Well-Known Member

I'm down, I'll try to ask some of the other norwegian players as well. Not a very active scene here atm to say the least..

16. SoulKatana

SoulKatana Well-Known Member

sweet!
    i would like 2 play in it, but im not shure if i'm free...
    i pm you before.

greets

17. Rayne

Rayne Well-Known Member

Thanks to the people that have PMed me their interest in competing. In answer to a question from earlier: I don't think it will take part in a day. In fact I had an idea-I think the most fair way to see the order of strongest players in a tournament is to have everyone play against everyone else and total up the results. That way you won't get knocked out straight away. Maybe we should let everyone arrange times with each other to play over a week and then post the results? Any ties will mean a face-off! What does everyone think about that?

18. Seidon

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    So a league as opposed to a tournament then?

Sounds better in terms of a ranking system.

2 points for a win 1 point for a loss?

19. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

2 for a win, 1 for a draw and 0 for a loss would make the most sense yah?

20. Seidon

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    What about players getting a bad connection?

And yeah, 1 for a draw instead of a loss would make way more sense.