1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

European VF tournament/gathering

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by GLC, Jan 19, 2001.

1. GLC

GLC Well-Known Member

Just an idea... would any of you guys be interested in coming to a VF gathering in Europe? I'd be happy to organize one - since I live in Poland, so it'd have to be here. I'll leave details for later, now I just want to know if there's ANY interest. Thanks.

2. nascarbryant

nascarbryant Well-Known Member

well I would be interested.......why don't make it here in Zurich the richest city of europe(only a joke)..................or maybe London(Ryan and UK-Kid should be around there..)......well i'm out of money...........maybe we should wait a little because i think VFX could lighten up the interest for this game so we could gather more people from the continent (let's hope it's similiar to VF3).....I would be pleased if some people from the U.S(chanchai can fly very cheap hehehehe) and maybe asia would join us.........australia of course too.............for a long term project i find it a fantastic idea!!!!!

P.S if we wont get VFX on Naomi2 and it's really true sequel......I will fly to London over the weekend to play this game..........

3. GLC

GLC Well-Known Member

Heh, I didn't say it'd be "VF3 Gathering" just "VF" (any VF, or all of them).I thought the good time for it would be July/August... it also doesn't matter where the gathering takes place, as long as it happens at all. It was JUST AN IDEA. Europe certainly deserves to have one too! If -> I <- were to organize it, it'd be in Poland; if you - Switzerland; could be UK, Denmark or wherever. Just checking if there's any interest (judging from the number of replies, there's no interest... heh, we'll see).

4. nascarbryant

nascarbryant Well-Known Member

Okay with me I also like VF1,Remix ,and VF2..........and I would also play FMM ..............like I said I'm out of Money and during August and July I have some difficult exams..................abot lack of european Players......i only hope that VFX on DC manages to heaten up the interest for this series..........I remember that VF2 on saturn was quite popular (1,7 Mio sold worldwide( we also had a VF2 tournament........I came to the semifinals(with lion......but i think it was an error to play with lion pretty weak in vf2)........thinking back I have to say that all those players also from Germany weren't that good.....good combinations.......but I don't remember even one using juggles.......Shun won the tournament ...I think that says all,doesn't it.....
    Let's hope that DC is a sucess and VFX becomes an essential product on it also for casual Gamers....

5. earMuff

earMuff Member

I'm interested and would be glad to come. I'm not very good though, but it'd be fun anyway.

6. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

Yes - I would love to travel, and now accepting donations to the "send Josh to Europe so he can play video games" fund. In all seriousness, I would love to go, but right now do not see how it is financially viable. On the flip side, I know how it must suck for our international readers to read about the NYC gatherings and not be able to attend. If only we where all rich!

7. uk_kid

uk_kid Well-Known Member

host it in london *nudge, nudge*
    not that i live in or even near to london - it's sure closer than poland though, and much more likely i can make it there, not that i am a big player or anything.

nascar: "ryan and uk_kid should be around there"
    - you may be confusing me with uk-guy (called mo), so although i do live in england, please don't mistake me for him. i have never played ryan heart or any other london-based players/ex-players.

here's how to tell the difference:-

uk-guy: good (ex)vf3 player as far as i know
    uk_kid: crap vf3 player from england in need of real competition

8. Guest

Guest Guest

common, crap!? that would be funny if someone of us would meet you and you would bash our heads, hehehehe.
    Something is obvious, VFX will appear in London so if i don't find a machine near here I will go there over the weekend...

p.S Don't worry i also have to learn a lot , judging from the movies.........