1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

EVADE advantage Master List

Discussion in 'Dojo' started by Ytpme_Secaps, Jul 30, 2017.

1. Ytpme_Secaps

Ytpme_Secaps Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Jami San
    Update: Universal numbers for P and 2p (6p and 3k may vary slighty for some characters) For other moves, you can check out Mykes thread on figuring evade adv. (Ex.Total f of move evaded, minus 23 for evade , minus your disadv. when you evaded)

Advantage after evading Punch (from...)

-1 = +3
    -2= +2
    -3= +1
    -4= 0
    -5= -1
    -6= -2
    -7= -3
    -8= -4
    -9= -5
    (Etc.)

After evading 2p (from...)

-1= +9
    -2= +8
    -3= +7
    -4= +6
    -5= +5
    -6= +4
    -7= +3
    -8= +2
    -9= +1
    (Etc)

After evading 6p (from...)

-1= +12
    -2= +11
    -3= +10
    -4= +9
    -5= +8
    -6= +7
    -7= +6
    -8= +5
    -9= +4
    (Etc)

After evading 3k (from...)

-1= +18
    -2= +17
    -3= +16
    -4= +15
    -5= +14
    -6= +13
    -7= +12
    -8= +11
    -9= +10
    Notes: If your 3k is not linear 16f, then the numbers are likely different.

If your 6p is not 14f, the numbers are likely different.

The execution of the move is not the only factor in its evade recovery, half circular 16f is way more punishable than linear 16f.(Only because it has more total frames)

Last edited: Jul 31, 2017
  2. Ytpme_Secaps

XBL:
    Jami San
    Adjusting for Side Turned (ST)

Only when the player who is sideways evades, that player gets 3f less of an adv. then normal.

Example. I have been hit with a side turning move (and now I am side turned) . Opponent Punches , I guard (I am ST -4 now) Opponent elbows 6p , and I Evade it....

I evaded a 6p from -4 (normally I'd be +9) since it all happened from me being ST , I am only +6.

DK and Stl_Tim like this.
  3. kungfusmurf

kungfusmurf Well-Known Member

I didn't get pass algebra in school, can someone please explain this to me.....

Ytpme_Secaps likes this.
  4. DK

DK Well-Known Member Content Manager Jean

This stuff is more important than people give it credit for. The essence of FS is sideturned and knowing your advantage after evading really helps solidify your vf game. on top of that if you know your character specific sidelock... its game over man

BLACKSTAR and Ytpme_Secaps like this.
  5. Ytpme_Secaps

XBL:
    Jami San
    You know how you can be +5 advantage after guarding 2p, well this can tell you what advantage you have after evading 2p.

The only tricky thing is that its affected by how negative you were when you evaded in the first place.

e.g. You (Akira) elbow, I (kage) guard it, then elbow. You evade my elbow.

Now that you evaded, what advantage do you have?

You were at negative -5 when you evaded my elbow (cuz i guaded your elbow) And the list says when you evade 6p from -5 you get a +8 advantage .

Meaning after that evade , Your (akira) 19f moves like 46p+k will beat anything I have. (My fastest is 11f)

6. Jason Elbow

Jason Elbow Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Its ok now...
    XBL:
    Jason ELBOW AKT
    Oh ok. So your showing what advantage and disadvantage i have on evade and evade after blocking certain moves right

7. Ytpme_Secaps

XBL:
    Jami San
    Yes, after a certain move is blocked, or after you were just hit, you will be at a certain disadvantage (usually). What disadvantage you were at when you evade AND what the move was that you evaded both determine what advantage you have just after the evade.

The list assumes you evaded as early as possible (1st possible frame/buffered). For every frame late you are evading, you will have a frame less of advantage after the evade.

8. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
  9. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    I'm a maths person, but my dyslexia stops me from understanding this list. LoL.

Guess i'll stick to the equation. Quick question though, what do you mean by half circular 3K is more punishable? It's dependant solely on the total frames of the attack isn't it? The execution time of the attack doesn't actually come into the working.

Also, does anyone have a half circular side kick other than Lion? Are we comparing like for like? Wolf's sidekick for example isn't his [3][K], but his [4][K].

Ytpme_Secaps likes this.
  10. Jason Elbow

PSN:
    Its ok now...
    XBL:
    Jason ELBOW AKT
    Wolf's [4][K] isnt half circular. I think [3][K] would be a true side kick.

11. Jason Elbow

PSN:
    Its ok now...
    XBL:
    Jason ELBOW AKT
    Ytpme_Secaps likes this.
  12. MarlyJay

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    No it's the other way around. His [4][K] is his actual sidekick and [3][K] is a half circular mid kick. Sidekicks cause backdash stagger.

Jason Elbow and Ytpme_Secaps like this.
  13. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    It doesn't matter if it's half circular or linear. The only two things that matter are:
    1. Total number of frames of the opponent's attack
    2. The disadvantage you're at when you evade
    It just happens (by design) that the total frames for P and 2P and the traditional 6P (elbow) and 3K (sidekick) are universally constant. But not everyone has the same kind of 6P and 3K, both in terms of their total frames and, more importantly, canned follow-up options, so your mileage may vary.

IMO, it's better to know how to calculate your advantage from a successful evade (Defensive Move) in certain situations, rather than memorising a bunch of numbers. All this is spelt out in the wiki link I posted earlier.

Ytpme_Secaps and Kruza like this.
  14. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Yes, a successful evade always takes 23 frames and cannot be cancelled.

An unsuccessful evade can be cancelled with a standing or crouching dash.

Ytpme_Secaps likes this.
  15. MarlyJay

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    It's worth noting that sidekicks as far as i can tell are far less homogeneous than jabs low punches and elbows. Total frames range from 42f to 46f which is a big difference.

Ytpme_Secaps likes this.
  16. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

yeah sidekicks are pretty different across the cast. Nice list though.

Ytpme_Secaps likes this.
  17. Ytpme_Secaps

XBL:
    Jami San
    Thnx Myke, great to know, I respectfully disagree. For me at least, this took it from having to do math mid match, and brought it into the same "headspace" as normal advantage/disadv. On guard.

And these universals (p 2p, most 6p, many 3k) are so common, that they can and should be hard wired into memory. I would never have succeded in that by doin a 23 shift and somehow remembering total frames. It just works infinetely better for me, I suspect it will for others as well.

Myke likes this.
  18. Ytpme_Secaps

XBL:
    Jami San
    Yeah i was referring to Lions. In my "test" Ak,Ka,Pai, 3k all 16f all had same result. I figured the different ones would differ, I hadnt realized the total frames would account for the exact same frame difference. Makes sense now.

19. Kruza

Kruza Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Kruza
    Let's be real... the main purpose to research data on 3K after successful evade is to look to do a Side Counter Hit crumple (or to a lesser extent -- a guaranteed side throw for another topic altogether), which is 3K for most characters. I doubt a player would be doing 3K after evade if that player knows doing so cannot possibly cause a Side CH crumple. However, my issue is that not all characters can cause a side crumple with Side Counter Hit 3K.

Wolf uses 4K to get Side CH crumple; Goh uses plain K; Lei-Fei uses shoulder; Pai can use side kick or shoulder; Jeffry uses head butt, Taka can use side kick or head butt, etc.

Aoi's 3K executes one frame slower than other characters (17f).

At any rate, the formula Myke posted listing opponent total frames make the most sense because it can be applied seamlessly into potential double-evade and triple-evade situations as well.

Eh, all the number-crunching to research this topic -- while admirable -- seem sort of excessive to me.

Kruza

Ytpme_Secaps likes this.
  20. Ytpme_Secaps

XBL:
    Jami San
    With respect, how come no one punishes P,6P with evade, 11f punish, or their -1, 12f equivolent? Basically Im saying No One I play utilizes this info, if they know it, they dont utilize it. I had been told of the 23f equation. But I never put it to practical use. Not the way i put a blocked 2p 's +5 to practical use. This has achieved that goal for me, and I suspect...again... many others (that wont admit it) The other way requires me to remember 2 numbers per attack, and realisticaly I would have to already have done the math and remembered the resulting adv., well thats what this list did FOR you. Just remember the final number , thats what works for me.

Kruza likes this.