1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

EVADE advantage Master List

Discussion in 'Dojo' started by Ytpme_Secaps, Jul 30, 2017.

1. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

I'll also throw out there that sometimes you need to evade just to force someone to stop doing something so that they can feel the risk/reward. It also locks up their gameplay and takes away options that they shouldn't have been using, to begin with. Then you can move into the fuzzy guard game because you've forced them to see the errors in their ways. I find playing textbook against players that don't know the book can be harder until I've reminded them why what they're doing isn't a good idea.

TLDR; sometimes playing dumb lets you play smart later.

Ytpme_Secaps and Jason Elbow like this.
  2. Jason Elbow

Jason Elbow Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Its ok now...
    XBL:
    Jason ELBOW AKT
    Too true...

3. Jason Elbow

PSN:
    Its ok now...
    XBL:
    Jason ELBOW AKT
    So Jami, we should ECD like all the time right?

4. Ytpme_Secaps

Ytpme_Secaps Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Jami San
    Sorry for late responses, I was away on a job. Im back !

Social and Tricky, I love those comments. Very much the type of thoughts goin thru my head these days.

Jason, I dont think ECD should be always, an immediate throw will stop an ECD, so usually ecd from -6 or worse(debate-able as you might ecd under slow response throw at lesser negatives), and or, those distance/pushback situations where you are too far to be thrown anyway.

Lastly, about what to do when -6. If your opponents fastest possible move is 12f (some have 11f, 2 have 10f) and you are +6 (his minus six IS YOUR plus six) , you would want to use a move no bigger than 18f. At +6 your 18f and their 12f will meet at same time, your bigger move does more dmg, and you win. If you did 17f you'd win outright by being 1 frame faster.

5. Jason Elbow

PSN:
    Its ok now...
    XBL:
    Jason ELBOW AKT
    Ok thank you! I appreciate that knowledge!!!

6. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

ECD should alway end with a Guard throw escape. It's no longer weak to throws. Though you have to pick to GTE or Dash cancel attack. You really can't do both.