1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Evading Throw Escape (4 ) VS Evading Throw Escape-guard (3 )

Discussion in 'Dojo' started by Saiten, May 13, 2006.

1. Saiten

Saiten Active Member

Evading Throw Escape (4 throws) VS Evading Throw Escape-guard (3 throws )

Which one is better? I been practicing these lately and I was wondering about the possibilities.

On a evading throw escape (called ETE by me from now on) is it possible to cancel the evade, after entering the 4 throws, by crouch dashing?

What's the use of guarding in a evading throw escape? To guard a spinning attack maybe?

Is there anyway I can view the frame data and windows in practice mode? If there's not a way would somebody be kind enough to post the frame data and windows for Aoi. I’d appreciate it.

2. vanity

vanity Well-Known Member

The reason why you hold guard at the end is so that you don't whiff a throw after you evade.

3. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

this thread is kindda like.... /versus/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

the throw escape exercises *clearly* explain why you use guard at the end~

TTEG = guard a canned follow up / slow-enough-to-guard-delayed-attack / anything remotely outside the frame unit of slow evade.~

in a high level match, you'll see that throws against nitaku are used less than "anti-evade methods", so keeping guard in mind is better than going for 4 throw escapes in my oppinion.

4. Saiten

Saiten Active Member

[ QUOTE ]
    you'll see that throws against nitaku are used less than "anti-evade methods"

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont understand what you mean. In high level matches they bait evasion to prevent you from doing it?

5. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    I think you're basically on the right track when you say "prevent you from doing it." This is why: One type of anti-evade method is called a delayed attack. It works like this: your opponent guards your attack and hopes you will perform evade-throw escape. Instead of attacking as soon as they have the chance, they do nothing for a few frames and wait for you to input the evade. Since your opponent does not attack, your evade executes slowly - a failed evade - now their attack will hit you out of it.

6. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    [ QUOTE ]
    Saiten said:If there's not a way would somebody be kind enough to post the frame data and windows for Aoi. I’d appreciate it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Aoi's frame data for Evo can be found here.

For more Aoi documents check out this page.

7. Saiten

Saiten Active Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Shag said:

[ QUOTE ]
    Saiten said:If there's not a way would somebody be kind enough to post the frame data and windows for Aoi. I’d appreciate it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Aoi's frame data for Evo can be found here.

For more Aoi documents check out this page.

[/ QUOTE ]

Awesome! Thanks