1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Evading Throw Escapes

Discussion in 'Dojo' started by jm891212, Aug 18, 2004.

1. jm891212

jm891212 Member

Hey, I've been playing this game quite a while now and I'm trying to get all the items for everyone. I can get just about all of them except for Quest Order D. It's the one about 5 Evading Throws Escapes, With 3 Successful Throw Escapes. Now please don't consider me a n00b, but i just dont know how to do it. I tried doing it in Tutorial, but i just cant seem to understand it. Any Help? /versus/images/graemlins/frown.gif

2. Elite

Elite Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Koenraku
    Do a throw counterable move ([6][K]) if you're using Goh) and have it blocked by the opponent. Then immediately enter an evade followed by three throw escapes ([4][P]+[G], [6][P]+[G] and [P]+[G] are easy). You have to do this successfully 5 times to complete the quest order.

3. jm891212

jm891212 Member

O.K. I'll try it. I'm trying to unlock all the items for everyone, so could I use [6][K] for everyone?

4. Elite

Elite Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Koenraku
    No, [6][K] is Goh's knee and is throw counterable (I used him as an example because of your picture). You'll have to find a different move for each character, if you go to the VF4 section on the "home" page on this site you can find a moveslist for each character by clicking on their name. A good move to use is one that is throw counterable but not hit counterable because if it's hit counterable you cannot evade in time. Look for moves that are between -8 frames and -10 frames on block such as [P],[P] with Akira.

5. jm891212

jm891212 Member

I don't wanna sound annoying, but I can do it for the first Quest Order in Arcade D....but for some reason I can never get a single count in the Arcade D's Quest Order Item. It's really making me mad!!! /versus/images/graemlins/mad.gif I'm using Brad BTW. I really want his Ponytail!

6. Nolte

Nolte Well-Known Member

1.go back and do this quest later.
    2. you don't *have* to do a move. just stand a body lengths distance away waiting for the cpu to attack then evade and go wild on the throws escapes.

7. Elite

Elite Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Koenraku
    For the first quest order you only need to input the evade and ONE throw escape. For the item quest order you need three. So after the throw counterable move is guarded input this

[8] --> [4][P]+[G], [6][P]+[G], [P]+[G]

Do it all straight away and fast. Make sure that you're actually inputting the right commands too. If the opponent does one of those throws or attacks with a linear or half-circular attack in the opposite direction of your evade then it will count as 1 successful evading triple throw escape. You need to do this 5 times.

For the initial throw counterable move you can use [4][6][K]+[G] as this leaves you on -10.

Nolte is right and you don't HAVE to attack first but this is a good way to get the A.I. to attack when you want it to and gives you a bit of extra time to get ready for the throw escapes IMO.

8. jm891212

jm891212 Member

YEEEEEEEEEEES!!!! Thanks guys! It worked! /versus/images/graemlins/cool.gif /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif/versus/images/graemlins/cool.gif /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif/versus/images/graemlins/cool.gif /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

9. jm891212

jm891212 Member

Do I have to imupt ALL 3 of those throws quickly togother? ([G]+[P],[6][G]+[P],[4][G]+[P])?

10. Elite

Elite Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Koenraku
    I thought you did it already?

No you don't have to input those 3 throws, you can input any 3.

[6][P]+[G], [2][P]+[G], [P]+[G] would also work for example.

I used forward, back and neutral mainly because I find those ones easy and most (all?) characters have a throw for each of those directions.

11. vanity

vanity Well-Known Member

every character but akira i think.

12. Siyko

Siyko Well-Known Member

and shun at less than 3dp

but if you dont have a hang of throw escapes, just evade and mash directions and PG.