1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

evasive moves

Discussion in 'Wolf' started by Unicorn, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Unicorn

Unicorn Well-Known Masher Content Manager Wolf

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    My question is simple - which of wollfs moves works like anti-high or anti-low (and are actually usefull)?

I did not test it properly yet, but [6][P][+][K] seems to go under most highs, if not all

[9][P][+][K] goes over lows and is safe on block, but it is not the best "punishment" for low-spammers (Lion players comes to mind); with 39 dmg coming out of it with [​IMG][3][6][P] followup it is not scarry enough simply

[6][K][+][G] seems to be jumping attack as well, but I have issues using it vs low attacks succesfully, is it me or is it the move?

[9][P] seems to go over lows easily too, -4 on block is pretty safe and that hit-throw is satysfying, but it wokrs only on MC. And I generally do not like this move, dunno why. Simply does not seems to be worth it. Maybe I am just not used to it..?

As far as I remember from fighting Wolfes in VF4 (maybe 5 vanilla), i think [4][6][K][+][G] was going under high attacks back there, but it does not look to do so anymore.

Anyway... Any other anti-moves you know about, or any general ideas about this topic?

2. EmX

EmX Well-Known Member

[6][K]+[G] is actually great for getting around predictable PPP strings or big highs. If the high hits real deep as the attack executes you can get hit, though.

3. Unicorn

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    Today I by accident find (and test against my poor friends Jacky) that [6][2][K] is actually awesome anti-high attack!

Also [6][K][+][G] is awesome, but it takes eternity before you count as "in air" in order to avoid low attacks. [9][P][+][K] seems to be the best way to go, especially as it offers awesome okizeme after you "poke" your downed opponent with [4][6][P][+][K]. Or you can go for easy 49 dmg with [3][K][+][G] down attack

4. Zass

Zass Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Zass30
    [6][3][2][1][4][P][+][K] should hit low attacks.

5. Unicorn

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    It will hit them, but will not get you over them; it is not jumping attack.

6. Sebo

Sebo Well-Known Member Content Manager Taka Content Manager Jeffry

PSN:
    Sebopants
    You're forgetting something important:

[9][P]+[K] can lead to free ground throw. Not a lot of damage with [3][P]+[G], but [2][P]+[G] is the real threat. Possible ringout, ring repositioning, wall combo setups. So against a player who knows this thing, [3][P]+[G] becomes free in certain situations (i.e. center of the ring), and does more damage than just a mere [4][6][P]+[K] or other off the ground hitting attacks. However, after [3][P]+[G] you do lose some oki advantage as with all low throws that do immediate damage.

Also, don't underestimate [2][K]. Goes under highs extremely fast, and has one of the better ranges for this kind of attack.

Lastly, [9][G][K] goes over lows even at -5, and while the hitbox is a little funky, it is 20 frames, knocks down, and can cause wall splats.

7. Unicorn

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    Completely forget about this, thx a lot for reminding me!
    Anyway, [1][P][+][G] gives you free [4][6][P] from what I saw and tested (some 30+ dmg), not that bad at all!
    The same as above, thx a lot for reminding!
    Great, good to know the numbers, thx.

8. Guayaba209

Guayaba209 Member

[​IMG][3][P] if buffered correctly during a block string or even on a read goes under lows along with [​IMG][3][6][P]

i prefer [​IMG][3][P] because it can create staggers and combo setups

but [​IMG][3][6][P] if it hits creates new awesome space since they get sent so far back. I actually go for the deadly run thingy with wolf after this move when hit raw.

9. Mister

Mister Well-Known Member Content Manager Wolf Content Manager Sarah Content Manager Aoi

you are probably confusing the crouch dash before the move. It's true you can go under highs with a crouch dash but it isn't included in the move, the move need to be executed from a crouched state.

10. Guayaba209

Guayaba209 Member

you can call it a confusion, but its what i do

11. Mister

Mister Well-Known Member Content Manager Wolf Content Manager Sarah Content Manager Aoi

What I mean is that the evasive properties you are talking about comes from the crouch dash not from the move itself.

12. Mister

Just tested [6][K]+[G] a little bit. Found out you can't avoid low punches if you are negative with frames, but it's a different story with high punches.

You can avoid high strikes up do -7. Altought for this last test i used [4][K]+[G] from the side, because i didn't find a move that is precisely -7 on block.
    From -8 i get a CH if i try to avoid an high punch with the move.

About the low strikes, the option is viable when we are +5 or more otherwise a CH is going to get us.

13. EmX

EmX Well-Known Member

Yeah I think [6][K]+[G] is more of a "use very sparingly" type thing. It's slow, if you get hit out of it it's a float a lot of the time, and it only really nets you a setup when it hits. There are also some highs and strings that will mess it up, for whatever reason ... and then you get floated. Online these flaws are almost non-existent, of course [​IMG]

In a lot of cases [6][2][K] might be the way to go instead.

Charging [P]+[K] can make some attacks whiff, but I've never used it frequently enough to figure out the particulars.

[6][6][K]+[G] seems to get over low rising attacks. I sorta doubt it gets over much else, but it may be worth a quick look.

I think if you're looking for properties with Wolf, there aren't a whole lot of safe tools, and the rewards can be a bit iffy for the risk. You get the range and damage on other moves instead!

14. Mister

I think [6][K]+[G] is 2 tools in one. When you are -7 or better and you read a pucnh or other high attack is coming, then you can use it to break the turn's rule.

For the low strikes the music changes, since you have to use it against 2p spammers to keep your pressure up.

But if you are at -9 you can easily use the pounding elbow [9][P]+[K] to avoid low punches.

About [6][P]+[K] I don't think it has any evasive properties, since you need to be +6 to do something and that's just a normal trade that let wolf's strike win since it's stronger than any punches.