1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

EVO 2003 Intro Music thread!!!

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by tragic, Jul 21, 2003.

1. tragic

tragic Well-Known Member

EVO 2003 is going to have intro music for the final 8 (for each game). So, I need to compile about 100 different songs perfect for intros. Basically... think like boxing intros or WWF/E style intros.

Here are the specifications:

5-15 second "buildup". This is the area of the song where the introduction for each player will be spoken.

High energy hit/break/hook whatever (directly following the 5-15 second "buildup"). This is what plays right after the players name is spoken... this is where they come out all hyped up etc.

If the jam has lyrics, thats fine... however, some jams might work even better as instrumentals. If you have an instrumental of the song in question, feel free to send it to me on IRC, or at least make note that its available online.

Descriptive lyrics might also prove to be a plus. For example, Trapt - Headstrong has a guy yelling "ILL TAKE ON ANYONE", and Linkin Park - One Step Closer has a guy yelling "SHUT UP WHEN IM TALKING TO YOU" (just examples, calm down!). Both of those lyrics follow a very cool "buildup".

Keep in mind that overtly sexual and offensive songs won't be used. A swear or two isn't gonna kill anyone, but if you are gonna be suggesting 2-Live Crew... realize that it's probably not going to get played.

If you have a suggestion, and you are on IRC, drop me a line (on EFNet). It would be great if you actually had the song in question seeing as I'm going to have to be doing a ton of searching/screening myself. If you can send it there... great.

By the way, the songs country of original or language doesn't matter as long as it follows the guidelines of a) good buildup, b) good hit/break, c) not overtly sexual or offensive (yes, people that speak those languages will probably be present).

Here are some examples to get you all in the right frame of mind. However, this is NOT a music discussion thread. Any threads talking about "that band sucks" or whatever will be deleted. OK... examples:

Trapt - Headstrong
    Linkin Park - One Step Closer (near middle/end of song)
    Quarashi - Stick 'Em Up (high energy, not much buildup tho)
    Machine Head - From This Day
    Ozzy Osbourne - Gets me through
    Limp Bizkit - Rollin (WWF Undertaker version)
    Evanescence - Imaginary
    DMX - What's My Name
    Cypress Hill - Rap/Rock Superstar (instrumental)
    Nas - Made You Look (instrumental)

Oh yeah, if you have a song that has a great intro, or a great hook/break or whatever, but not both combined... feel free to mention it (and explain what it's missing). I may do some custom editing and make some special intro songs.

OK... get posting!

(here is original thread: http://www.shoryuken.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=36087)

ben

2. Llanfair

Llanfair Well-Known Member

Good song with build-up, etc for intro?

Marilyn Manson - Beautiful People

Great song, used to introduce all the players before Maple Leaf games here in TO.

cheers.

3. ONISTOMPA

ONISTOMPA Well-Known Member

Bonecrusher : Never scared.
    Ludacris : Throw them bows.
    Lil' Jon and the East Side Boyz : Bia Bia

4. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

gang starr - skillz
    krs - step into a world
    linkin park - feint/nobody's listening
    Metallica - battery
    Royce da five 9 - boom, I'm da king
    Lord Have Mercy - charge
    Pharoahe Monch - Hell, Next shit
    Eminem - shit on you
    Xzibit - alcoholic

5. EmX

EmX Well-Known Member

Mindless Self Indulgene - Bring the Pain
    The Clash - Rock the Casbah
    NIN - Head Like a Hole
    Shy FX - Original Nuttah /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

6. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    WOW! A MSI fan on VFDC! That is fucking sweet. /versus/images/graemlins/cool.gif

I would personally pick Bitches for a video but eh anything from MSI would fit in /versus/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

7. SoundWave

SoundWave Well-Known Member

see i thought no one had ever heard of mindless self indulgence, i know i sure haven't since i got like a demo tape of theirs at a concert in '98...oh and to add something to the topic check out tons of songs by megadeth for good instrumental guitar and stuff. A great song is Take no Prisoners!!!(and a good song with no lyrics is Into the Lungs of Hell)

8. Dandy_J

Dandy_J Well-Known Member

Some picks for you:

Aphex Twin - Come to Daddy
    Busta Rhymes - Salute the Gods
    Deftones - My Own Summer
    DMX - Intro (It's Dark and Hell is Hot)
    Fear Factory - Body Hammer
    Fear Factory - Edgecrusher
    Fear Factory - H-K
    Fear Factory - Pisschrist
    Fear Factory - Shock
    Ghetto Boys - Die Mother Fuckers (the cursing isn't that bad!)
    KMFDM - Wildfire
    Ludacris - Hood Stuck
    Ludacris - Go to Sleep
    Megadeth - Into the Lungs of Hell
    Meshuggah - Future Breed Machine
    Meshuggah - Humiliative
    N.E.R.D. - Rockstar
    Nonpoint - Orgullo
    Onyx - Slam
    Outkast - Return of the 'G'
    Pantera - Shedding Skin
    Pantera - Walk
    Papa Roach - Blood Brothers
    Rage Against the Machine - Know Your Enemy
    Rammstein - Tier (the title relates to fighting games perfectly!)
    Reveille - Butterfly
    Sevendust - Black
    Slayer - Bitter Peace
    Slayer - Point
    Slipknot - Spit it Out
    Soulfly - Tribe
    System of a Down - Suite-Pee
    System of a Down - War
    TRUSTcompany - Downfall

9. SoundWave

SoundWave Well-Known Member

how could you skip
    Pantera-Rise!

10. Killbomb

Killbomb Well-Known Member

I personally think Slaughtered by Pantera is the perfect intro song. /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

11. Brisal73

Brisal73 Well-Known Member

For TOKYO MAFIA(socal group) it should OOps I DID IT AGAIN by BRitney Spears...because there a bunch of bitches /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

12. tragic

tragic Well-Known Member

keep 'em comin!

good stuff... keep 'em comin!

ben

13. chingdude

chingdude Well-Known Member

14. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC
    dude...
    you just took the prize for the weirdest shit on this board, ever.

that avitar, in combination with that music... what in the FUCK is going on?

and your signature, this is really high concept. I'm mobbing that avitar.

keep it up, ching dude. this is much more entertaining than most of the stuff curently on the board.

Spotlite

15. chingdude

chingdude Well-Known Member