1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Evo 2014? Anyone running a DIY?

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by MadeManG74, May 5, 2014.

1. MadeManG74

MadeManG74 Moderator Staff Member Tournament Manager Silver Supporter

Is anyone planning to do a side/DIY tournament for VF at Evo this year? I'm going this year with some friends, but without VF the only game I'd be playing is KoF, which I'm pretty rubbish at.

Just wondering if anyone was planning to attend to play VF on the side or run a side tournament.

2. IcKY99

IcKY99 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    IcKY99
    XBL:
    IcKYIcKY
    I was wondering the same thing, I personally wasnt planning on playing any EVO games since I dont like any of them, but I considered buying a spectators pass just to hag out for the weekend, possibly get a hotel room and host a VF tourney there? Who else would be up for that?

Pai~Chun and Mr. Goggles like this.
  3. cobratron

cobratron Well-Known Member Gold Supporter

While having casuals in my room at Sega Cup a few of the guys like Zass and Jay David said if I brought my setups to EVO they would be interested in coming. I know Airegin is going for sure also. I can't say for sure if I'm going but i will definitely try.

4. MadeManG74

That would be pretty cool, I would offer to bring equipment to help out, but I don't even own a console at the moment.

I would definitely be up for a tournament or even casuals though :)

5. Zass

Zass Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Zass30
    I'm definitely going to evo. Cobra, bring those setups!

6. Mr. Goggles

Mr. Goggles New Member

PSN:
    ChrisUnPDX
    My body is ready for VF.

7. RayBlade

RayBlade Well-Known Member

I can run a session with 1 setup on Friday or Saturday night 7/11-7/12.

Ideally, I can bring my setup to another room, or another person can bring his/her setup to my room for the sessions.

Since we are all on vacation, I'd really like to play more Vf instead of *waiting* to play Vf, heh.

Suggested 3-4 people per setup is ideal.

Thoughts? opinion? Suggestions? Post here.

8. Kamais_Ookin

Kamais_Ookin Well-Known Troll

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    EVO will be very fun, can't wait! That SF hype! Delicious buffets!

MadeManG74 likes this.
  9. .42.

.42. Member

I am going to Evo but I am really bad at this game. I would like to have some fun playing some offline VF for an evening if this happens.

10. cobratron

Sorry folks I tried to book at Evo's hotel last night and there arent any rooms or suites available for that weekend mainly for Saturday night. :(

Its going to be at Ceasar's Palace again next year so 2015 I'm there. Hopefully people are still playing FS by then or VF6 is magically released. But even if theres no VF at least MKX will be there full force.

11. Zass

Zass Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Zass30
    don't give up cobra! I'm sure there's ppl that will split rooms!

12. soakrates

soakrates Well-Known Member

I'll be at Evo. Not sure where we could host, but maybe someone could bring a couple setups to the BYOC area? I'd bring a setup but I don't really have any way to transport them at the moment.

13. cobratron

I'm pretty much going now. Just need a room so I'll look into that tonight.

soakrates, MadeManG74 and Zass like this.
  14. cobratron

Sorry guys I was supposed to head out to Vegas today with Airegin but had to cancel last minute. Hope you all have a blast.

MadeManG74 likes this.
  15. Berzerk

Berzerk Well-Known Member

PSN:
    BERZERK_DC
    XBL:
    Gunstar Red
    Play a VF character in the DOA5U side tournament for some VF/DOA/3D solidarity!

Have fun at EVO :)

16. RayBlade

I can bring my setup to someone's room after EVO finals, just need a host. Any volunteers?

Whoever that wolf player was is mean!

17. RayBlade

Definitely need to plan this a little better for evo2015.

I bring a setup 99.9% of the time, but would prefer to run larger sessions in the byoc or elsewhere.

18. MadeManG74

I didn't see any DoA at all at Evo. Besides, Tina is my girl in DoA! I don't care if she's bottom tier, I need that REAL AMERICAN WRESTLING :p (and she's prettier than Bass).

That could be either Airegin or myself, Airegin was the better Wolf I must say! I was the Australian guy, Luke, who also played Wolf!

Thanks for bringing the setup, I had a blast getting casuals in! The whole group I played and chatted with were awesome, it was great meeting some new VF-heads and seeing some again that I met long ago at Evo 2k12.

Wish I could have stayed around longer to play some more, but I was tired as all hell and needed some sleep. want to head to NYG, maybe I'll see some of the guys and girls again!

Berzerk likes this.
  19. Kamais_Ookin

Kamais_Ookin Well-Known Troll

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    Evo was very enjoyable this year, can't wait for next one!