1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Evo akira SPOD uselless??

Discussion in 'Akira' started by Ranix, Nov 6, 2002.

1. Ranix

Ranix Member

first of all just one to say hello as it s my first post.

Has i haven t played yet vf evo ( not yet dispo in paris....) my suposition are purely based on video and what i have read.

so, has you know SPOD make less dommage now, but it s still very long to execute, and it let you in a very long frame disavantage.

In comparation , now yoho is a better float, shorter to execute (instead of you have to imput the command and not just putch 3 butons) and the frame disavantage it s better that SPOD (in guard impact).
    don t know exactly witch one will make more dommage ( not consireding wall condition witch may make spod more dommageable) .

so here is my question, do you think that we just have to forget SPOD and just use YOHO?
    (i m not speaking about next a [4_][G][P][K] sabaki or in several wall condition like next sgplm).

thanks

2. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Hi Ranix, welcome to VFDC.

In my opinion, I don't think the SPoD will be made useless by the improved Yoho now. The main reason is because the first hit of the SPoD (the stun palm) is a half-circular attack, which means you can only dodge in one direction to avoid being hit by it. The Yoho is a linear attack which can be safely dodged in either direction.

So for opponents who like to dodge when they're disadvantaged, but don't choose the direction carefully, the SPoD will be a success but the Yoho will miss.

3. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

ranix... another nice pro for the spod is that if the first hit connects vs. a grounded enemy the rest ALWAYS hits... but a yoho when the opponent is right against the wall, or a yoho vs. a crouch defender... might get you nothing. SPoD also has more forward range I think.

4. gamesmaster1_2be

gamesmaster1_2be Well-Known Member

plus it's damn stylish!!!!
    waheeeeeee.... /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif

5. ReCharredSigh

ReCharredSigh Well-Known Member

no it's not... well, when you're first starting the SPoD looks cool. after doing it a tonsa times though it becomes to look dull. but it's like myke said; one of the semi-circular attacks that he has. and when you consider that you're beaning the opponent for a guarenteed 60+ pts of damage(i dunno how much the EVO SPoD does, and too lazy to look it up) for dodging to your back, that's really something.

6. gamesmaster1_2be

gamesmaster1_2be Well-Known Member

well i've done it at least 1,500 times and i still think it's cool...