1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

EVO Japan Roll Call

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by BLACKSTAR, Mar 1, 2017.

1. BLACKSTAR

BLACKSTAR You'll find him on the grind Staff Member Media Manager

PSN:
    oBLACKSTARo
    XBL:
    BLACKSTAR84i
    Just wondering, but how many people here are planning on going to EVO Japan in January?

Since it's going to be in a strange land on the other side of the planet, I figured it might be cool to meet up (and maybe even plan group trips to VF arcades too :D :D :D)

List of who's planning on going so far -- me, @oneida, @Blitzball Champ, @Tricky

Last edited: Mar 1, 2017
  2. BLACKSTAR

PSN:
    oBLACKSTARo
    XBL:
    BLACKSTAR84i
    One other thing to mention, though we won't know for sure until they announce the games and the format for each game at EVO Japan, but there is a good chance that VF in EVO Japan (If they actually do have VF) could be a TEAM tournament, since Japan doesnt really like singles tournaments, and espescially for VF, we hardly ever see Japanese singles VF tournament format

Last edited: Mar 1, 2017
  3. Blitzball Champ

Blitzball Champ Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Blitzball_Champ
    XBL:
    Blitzball Champ
    Oh I really wish I could go.

4. oneida

oneida Long Arm of the Lau Silver Supporter

PSN:
    oneida_vf
    XBL:
    oneida1
    4AM blackstar?!

BLACKSTAR likes this.
  5. BLACKSTAR

PSN:
    oBLACKSTARo
    XBL:
    BLACKSTAR84i
    Hey man, I crashed out after exhausting myself from raging in GG Revelator, and woke up to the sounds of FinestKO's twitch stream while he was playing Yakuza 0.

Couldnt go back to sleep afterwards (and now I'm at work feeling the effects)

oneida likes this.
  6. Rare_Entity

Rare_Entity Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Rare_Entity
    XBL:
    Rare Entity
    While I'm very much looking forward to my trip to Japan, I will likely only attend EVO Japan if there is a VF tournament. It doesn't have to be official, a side tournament would suffice just so long as something VF related is organized for the event.

Regardless, I would be interested in meeting up and going to arcades.

7. cobratron

cobratron Well-Known Member Gold Supporter

I'm going to Japan next month for the first time but I'm most certainly going to EVO Japan also.

8. cobratron

Book your flights/lodging!

EVO Japan dates announced. Jan 26-28th @ Akihabara UDX.

They also announced a pre-event May 20-21 at the same place. I leave Tokyo May 15th :( but hopefully I can stay for an extra week.

BLACKSTAR and oneida like this.
  9. BLACKSTAR

PSN:
    oBLACKSTARo
    XBL:
    BLACKSTAR84i
    Do you know of any good hotels for english-speakers near there?

10. cobratron

^no idea. I'll look into it when I get there. Ive heard everything is easy to navigate as an English speaker including hotels. Especially in the main touristy areas like Shinjuku or Shibuya where Im staying. Renzo told me its a good idea to use AirBnB so may give that a try come January.

BLACKSTAR likes this.
  11. BLACKSTAR

PSN:
    oBLACKSTARo
    XBL:
    BLACKSTAR84i
    thx for the reply man. hope you can make the Sai event too

cobratron likes this.
  12. BLACKSTAR

PSN:
    oBLACKSTARo
    XBL:
    BLACKSTAR84i
  13. MadeManG74

MadeManG74 Moderator Staff Member Tournament Manager Silver Supporter

I'm almost certainly going if VF is there, along with most of the Sydney team. We're all keen and have been talking about it for a while. We should know in July after Evo announces if it's there or not.

If we plan to all go together, an AirBNB might be the best option? We could all share an apartment or two.

cobratron and Myke like this.
  14. cobratron

I cant seem to find any VF5 machines anywhere I've been. Been to a few Club Sega in Akihabara and HEY. Also several Taito Stations there and in Shinjuku. Nothing where Im staying in Shibuya either. I heard Nishi Sport has it but only one I see listed is in Osaka. Supposedly there is one in Shinjuku. Anyone know where its at? Only found a single cab for VF2 as far as Virtua Fighter is concerned. I know the game is old but there is a ton of old games here being played still. No love for VF5 Final Showdown or VF in general except for some DOA5 cabs. :mad:

15. Stl_Tim

Stl_Tim Well-Known Member

Takadanobaba has mikado Game Center. It's very close to the train station. Btw, very good ramen shop one block down!

Ooyma has game newton. It's a little haul, but definitely the place to go.

Akihabara has club sega. Pretty dead during the days.

Your going to have to conquer shinjuku station in order to get to these locations. Scary at first, but gets easier if you practice.

Have a good time!

jimi Claymore likes this.
  16. cobratron

Was just at Takadanobaba last night. Will check again. Im a few blocks away from Nishisjhinjuku Sega so Ill check there now and the other spots you listed. Thanks bro!

17. MadeManG74

Club Sega Akihabara should be buzzing with players. What time did you visit? At night and weekends I had a line up for the machines when I was there last September.

Shinjuku Club Sega also had players, but not as many and not as good, but still good enough for games.

18. Stl_Tim

Stl_Tim Well-Known Member

19. cobratron

I went to the old one across from Akihiabara station last night. I assumed the other ones nearby didnt have vf so I didnt even bother entering. Was tired spending a bunch of time playing light gun games at HEY and Game. Ill check them out this weekend.

Just left Club Sega Shinjuku. 2 head to heads with about 6 players. None of them very good for the fact I was able to go on a few win streaks despite not using a joystick in over 5 years. Still alot of fun though. I like that one token gets you 2 plays!

20. MadeManG74

Nice One! Yeah Shinjuki isn't the best quality players, but you can play there which is great.

I can't remember which one exactly it is, but the Club Sega at Akihabara has like 12 machines or something, that's the one that's usually buzzing.