1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

EVO Japan Roll Call

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by BLACKSTAR, Mar 1, 2017.

1. cobratron

cobratron Well-Known Member Gold Supporter

Just met SHU at Akihabara Sega. Also played some games against YOU and managed to win 1 game lol. Got there right before closing so I didnt have time to play much but there were about 20 players there.

[​IMG]

2. BLACKSTAR

BLACKSTAR You'll find him on the grind Staff Member Media Manager

PSN:
    oBLACKSTARo
    XBL:
    BLACKSTAR84i
    YOOOOOOOOOO, i'm so jealous right now >_____<

Glad to see you get to play a national champ like SHU and my hero Sarah player YOU

Tumbling Dice and cobratron like this.
  3. cobratron

Tumbling Dice likes this.
  4. cobratron

wth no VF in the official EVO Japan line-up :confused: (ARMS though)

it wouldv'e been easy to fill a 500 man bracket. FAIL!

oneida and jimi Claymore like this.
  5. oneida

oneida Long Arm of the Lau Silver Supporter

PSN:
    oneida_vf
    XBL:
    oneida1
    :cry:

jimi Claymore likes this.
  6. MadeManG74

MadeManG74 Moderator Staff Member Tournament Manager Silver Supporter

I propose we keep track of entrant numbers for Evo Japan, and use that to confront them about not having VF. If anything gets less than 500 or similar numbers we should never let them forget it.

MEANWHILE: SUPPORT THE GAME AT HOME.
    Virtua Fighter has been at OHN and BAM, the two biggest FGC Tournaments by FAR in Australia for the last two years. We get 16+ entrants a month at Sydney majors. The best way to get more people playing is to keep the scene alive.

EDIT: I know that people are already doing their part to keep the game alive, but I don't want this to get people downhearted and quitting. We don't need Evo and we never did.

7. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

I'll keep playing. Sadly, I won't be going to evo japan though. :(

8. Jason Elbow

Jason Elbow Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Its ok now...
    XBL:
    Jason ELBOW AKT
    Hell yeah!! VF 4 LIFE!!!

9. Harpooneer

Harpooneer Well-Known Member

XBL:
    poisonhorse
    Oh damn, I was just thinking of this thread this week. One of my closest friends is moving to Japan to get married and live there this Fall, and I was into the idea of visiting him and maybe playing VF with some fellow VFDC guys. Shame there won't be any representation at evo Japan. I'll still be hitting up arcades when I visit though.

Oh also I guess I don't need to say anything but we still got an NYG coming up in this year, even with all the difficulties we had in NY scene, along with Flash and Shang's NMTC which was a complete success. So VF still ain't dead, even in 2017.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2017
    jimi Claymore and Tricky like this.
  10. Sonic The Fighters

Sonic The Fighters Well-Known Member

lol Arms at EVO Japan ? Is that serious ?

11. Harpooneer

Harpooneer Well-Known Member

XBL:
    poisonhorse
    Arms seems like the kind of thing that goes over really well in Japan. Simple enough concepts with the possibility of depth (maybe? I only ever saw it in videos), and it has a zany kind of attitude. It might be a choice to show that Evo Japan has a different attitude than Evo US, although it might just result in Evo US having Arms next year lol.

12. Jason Elbow

Jason Elbow Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Its ok now...
    XBL:
    Jason ELBOW AKT
    Fuck...why no FS though!? Dammit Japaaaaan!!