1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

EVO Reversals (changed topic)

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by GLC, Feb 17, 2003.

1. GLC

GLC Well-Known Member

Is this the same as shoulder reversal? Or do I have to come up with another reversal abbreviation? /versus/images/graemlins/frown.gif

2. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Re: EVO body check reversal

The bodycheck is classed as a different attack from shoulder attacks. If you look at the Aoi evo command list here, I've used the following abbreviations for the newly reversable attack classes:

HDH = high double-handed
    MDH = mid double-handed

HDF = high double-footed
    MDF = mid double-footed

SH = shoulder

MHD = mid head
    LHD = low head

BK = back

The evo perfect guide lists all of these as separate attack classes, and as such, distinguishes the reversals for each.

3. GLC

GLC Well-Known Member

The thing is, high/mid double P reversals are the same both animation- and stat-wise. Same for the double K counterpart - therefore I've used DK and DP in the FAQ (and HD for head... I know it's not enough, since there and high- and mid-ones). My question is: is SH and BK the same? Read: have you seen both done in the game?

One more thing, why not unificate our notation? I think HDP/MDP and HDK/MDK are more 'user-friendly' than *DH and *DF. I'd say MHD and LHD are good enough. Then let's use BK - back and SH - shoulder (provided they're not the same). And what about the butt reversal?

4. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623

[ QUOTE ]
    GLC said:

The thing is, high/mid double P reversals are the same both animation- and stat-wise. Same for the double K counterpart - therefore I've used DK and DP in the FAQ (and HD for head... I know it's not enough, since there and high- and mid-ones).

[/ QUOTE ]

But high/mid double P reversals require different commands, hence I've listed them separately in the same way the Evo Perfect Guide (EPG) does. If you look at the reversal listings for ver.C you'll see they're quite explicit and I'm sticking to this format.

[ QUOTE ]
    My question is: is SH and BK the same? Read: have you seen both done in the game?

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't seen them often enough to recall off the top of my head but I believe they're different. The fact that the official names of the reversals are different (see Aoi evo cmd list) also supports this.

[ QUOTE ]
    One more thing, why not unificate our notation? I think HDP/MDP and HDK/MDK are more 'user-friendly' than *DH and *DF. I'd say MHD and LHD are good enough. Then let's use BK - back and SH - shoulder (provided they're not the same).

[/ QUOTE ]

Good idea. I like HDP/MDP so I'll use that too. The reason why I went with DH and DF because it was pretty much an abbreviation of the direct translation.

[ QUOTE ]
    And what about the butt reversal?

[/ QUOTE ]

Butt reversal? Never heard of it until now! /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif Is this confirmed? Maybe I missed it in the EPG, or maybe it's the same as BK (back) reversal? I'll check the EPG again tonight.

5. GLC

GLC Well-Known Member

But high/mid double P reversals require different commands, hence I've listed them separately in the same way the Evo Perfect Guide (EPG) does. If you look at the reversal listings for ver.C you'll see they're quite explicit and I'm sticking to this format.

Yes, I said my earlier notation 'was not enough'... you'll see what I used when the FAQ is complete.

Next thing: I now know SH and BK reversals are different.

And last thing: butt reversal was mentioned some time ago in irc but I think it's BK someone had in mind.

Edit: forgot one thing... re: the SK (sidekick reversal) - is there a distinctive animation? A reversal that catches ONLY sidekicks and not other mid-level kicks?

6. baobab

baobab Well-Known Member

XBL:
    surgical donuts

[ QUOTE ]
    GLC said:

And last thing: butt reversal was mentioned some time ago in irc but I think it's BK someone had in mind.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure it is the same animation as the BK reversal.

7. GLC

GLC Well-Known Member

So anyway, here's the full list of reversal types I'm going to use... check if nothing's missing /versus/images/graemlins/wink.gif It's an excerpt from the FAQ.

The full list:

HP : high-level punch
    HE : high-level elbow
    HK : high-level kick
    HCR : high-level crescent

MP : mid-level punch
    MK : mid-level kick
    SK : mid-level sidekick
    EL : mid-level elbow
    KN : mid-level knee
    MCR : mid-level crescent
    SM : mid-level somersault

LP : low-level punch
    LK : low-level kick
    LCR : low-level crescent

GP : ground-level punch
    GK : ground-level kick

New reversal types introduced in VF4: Evolution (there weren't reversals of
    those types in version C of VF4 and earlier on):

HDP : high-level double-handed strike
    MDP : mid-level double-handed strike

HDK : high-level double-legged strike
    MDK : mid-level double-legged strike
    MLK : low-level double-legged strike

MHD : mid-level head strike
    LHD : mid-level head strike

SH : mid-level shoulder strike

BK : mid-level back strike

8. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

Should the low one be LDK? Low double kick?

9. GLC

GLC Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    CreeD said:

Should the low one be LDK? Low double kick?

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course, it's a typo... corrected.