1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Evo: Vanessa

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by alantan, Nov 2, 2002.

1. alantan

alantan Well-Known Member

Started playing more evo yesterday, I will probably post some of what I feel after a few more games but first I have some questions on the offensive mode.

I find the offensive mode VERY weak. It was weakened in ver C and now it is like totally changed. First it lost the defensive elbow in exchange for a low P...

I read from a Japanese website
    http://www.geocities.co.jp/Playtown-Toys/4240/ofstyle.html
    that the takedown followups can be broken easily by multi-throw escapes.... which is kind of ridiculous so it is basically useless....

It has lost its circular attack f,f+k+g... So now you have to rely on throws to hit dodgers or the sweep.... does she have ANY mid/high circular moves?? other than k+g which is too slow to be of any use...

2. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

Offensive Stance is ridiculously strong. Very easy to get counter hits which set up more combos. YOu just have to know how to use it.

[K]+[G] should be used when you think an opponent is going to TR and try to dodge. Not much useful any other times, except against scrubs.

3. alantan

alantan Well-Known Member

err... it is nice if you actually mentioed like HOW to set up the counter hits /versus/images/icons/smile.gif