1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

EVO2003 VFDC Roll Call

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by Myke, Jul 2, 2003.

1. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    With EVO2003 being just over a month away, I'd like to get a roll call going to see who's going to be there. Depending on time, people's availability, etc, maybe we can organise some non-EVO2003 events for VFDC members with the help of the locals?

So by going off the list of who's going from the Evolution page, I've noticed the following people have currently pre-signed. If you have yet to sign up but plan to go, or I just missed your name, reply in this thread and I'll update the list.

Personally I'm really looking forward to going as I'm sure it'll be a great experience all-round meeting up with friends old and new, not to mention the biggest Virtua Fighter Tournament held ever in North America.

<font color="orange">VFDC members pre-signed for EVO2003:</font>
    <ul type="square">[*]Myke
    [*]Reno
    [*]Llanfair
    [*]Noman
    [*]PhoenixDth
    [*]tragic
    [*]Brisal73
    [*]spotlite
    [*]gribbly
    [*]GalzPanic
    [*]afroconnexion
    [*]tomhilfiger
    [*]wesleyzm
    [*]Crazy_J
    [*]Junosynth
    [*]ModestMouse
    [*]UnCauzi
    [*]Enkindu
    [*]ghostdog
    [*]_BMW_
    [*]sanjuro
    [*]Shou
    [*]NKI
    [*]UNCONKABLE
    [*]T^5
    [*]Lonelyfighter
    [*]KojiroSon
    [*]RayBladeX
    [*]Dom
    [*]Cosmic_Forge
    [*]Voodoo
    [*]vf4akira
    [*]Plague*
    [*]Srider
    [*]mike90210
    [*]IceCold
    [*]bigboy
    [*]OffBrandNinja[/list]
    <font color="orange">Total VF4 players pre-signed:</font> 126 (37 from VFDC)

2. vf4akira

vf4akira Well-Known Member

I plan on being there. Please add me to the list.

Thanks!

3. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC
    What's up David!

I'm definately going.

Spotlite

4. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    I'll be there Sunday to watch the finals.

Also, Catherine plans to enter.

5. PhoenixDth

PhoenixDth Well-Known Member

LA crew speaks first!!
    Team Tokyo Mafia will be there!

6. Pai_Garu

Pai_Garu Well-Known Member

I'm currently planning to be there. Hope nothing screws up before I leave! /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

7. ghostdog

ghostdog Well-Known Member

I'm just responding to say that I am really looking forward to playing everyone. I'll try and spend some "non-EVO2003" time there, so hopefully I'll be able to get together with some of the locals for some games.

8. PhoenixDth

PhoenixDth Well-Known Member

i just looked up the updated roster and noticed that theres 2 korean players and 2 japanese players entering. Looks like heavy competition coming up. Speaking of competition, when is everyone planning to fly in. Maybe LA group can set up a pre/post evo2k3 meet, to make the most use of time for everyone whos flying out here. We just need heads up to plan in advance !!

9. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

I am thinking about attending and probably will if I can wrest a few days off around that time (that'll be challenging however). Can I get an estimate of the budgets going in? Where you guys are staying, how many days, etc.?

10. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Regarding the guys from Korea and Japan, well I guess you LA people are already familiar with maddogjin, but you probably aren't familiar with the two from Japan. I'm not sure how Tetsuya Inoue (INO) is in VF4 but I remember meeting and playing Yasuaki Matsuda back at B5. We had a lot of games together over VF3 and once shared a 50+ win streak using Jacky *snicker* against the handful of challengers there. Anyway from what I remember, he's damn good, and if he's been playing since then I can only imagine how he is now.

From what I know, he's part of the technical crew that's coming with team Japan, and he will be competing in a number of tournaments. He's also the webmaster of Game-Newton and one really cool guy! This is shaping up to be a good one!

11. Mike90210

Mike90210 Well-Known Member

Ill be there...

SD-MBP's in full force /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

12. supergolden

supergolden Well-Known Member Content Mgr El Blaze

Ino is well known, from what I've heard, for his skills in CVS2 and 3S... He actually competed in a tournament in Philly before and lost to Ricky Ortiz in CVS2 and beat Justin Wong (and won) the 3S tournament... If I had to guess I'd probably say he's coming more for those games than VF4, but who knows...

-Alex

13. sanjuroAKIRA

sanjuroAKIRA Well-Known Member

Myself, William (IceCold here) & Richard (bigboy) are confirmed. Perhaps one or two more if'n I can twist the necessary arms.

14. Brisal73

Brisal73 Well-Known Member

HOLY SH*T BALLS!!!!

David is coming back. The rivalry continues... its scary to think how much better you are now. No worries I will Shiny Wizard all of your asses /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif - Brian

Definite LA / world meet is coming...maybe at my place...Knock on wood...but my guess is Hat's place will be ideal

15. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    [ QUOTE ]
    supergolden said:

Ino is well known, from what I've heard, for his skills in CVS2 and 3S... He actually competed in a tournament in Philly before and lost to Ricky Ortiz in CVS2 and beat Justin Wong (and won) the 3S tournament... If I had to guess I'd probably say he's coming more for those games than VF4, but who knows...

-Alex

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, Ino is a BEAST when it comes to Street Fighter. He was in the States for months travelling to tournaments. I believe his first one was a 3S Omaha tourney which he placed highly. I have some vids of his play and he is incredible.

He stayed at my friend's house when he was in NY and Ino and Ricky played 24/7. I think they "split" the pot at CVS2 at the Philly tourney.

He was at CF and I caught him playing VF and asked if he mastered this game too. He humbly admitted he's not very good.

16. GoatCheeseBlues

GoatCheeseBlues Well-Known Member

Yea I can probally have one massive meet throughout the weekend at my house. it depends on my roomates, but i'm sure I can have one right before and after the tournament at least. If not, Sean or Alex can probally hold a decent meet. We all live within 5 minutes of the school after all.

17. Brisal73

Brisal73 Well-Known Member

looks like the schedule is set up on Shoryuken.com. Plague you are screwed. Finals are on Saturday from 8pm to Midnight. VF and SSFT share the same Saturday date.
    One thing sucks about this...Hard to get more people into VF if most of the gamers will be home already. We could get a much bigger crowd on Sunday... thats just my opinion
    Also by looking at the schedule there will be a time to gather with other players on Thursday night. They are opening it for sign ups and for free plays. THIS IS GOOD THING - ok till next time

Brisal73/ Brian with an I / Shiny Wiz / Tokyo Mafia Killer/

18. tragic

tragic Well-Known Member

chibita!

chibita confirmed!

ben

19. Zero-chan

Zero-chan Well-Known Member

Re: chibita!

Hey guys, I'd love to come, but airfare prices aren't looking good to someone who isn't currently employed. Is anyone here doing the proverbial road trip and maybe be able to stop off in Iowa along the way?

20. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Re: chibita!

[ QUOTE ]
    tragic said:

chibita confirmed!

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG I want to cry right now! This is awesome news!

OK, if I wasn't reason enough for you to attend this event, surely Chibita is!? /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif To those thinking of going, there's about 4 weeks left, so get cracking!