1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

EVO2003 VFDC Roll Call

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by Myke, Jul 2, 2003.

1. Zero-chan

Zero-chan Well-Known Member

Well, after much work, it looks like I'm finally going be to be able to make it to EVO2K3. Woohoo! Thanks to a tough budget, though, I'm not going to arrive at LAX until 9:40 PM on Friday. I hope I'll be able to make it over in time to meet up with everyone and get in some quality VF play before bed!

The tournament will be fun, I'm sure, but I'm far more interested in fun play (need to get my Vanessa nice and strong again), meeting old friends and VFDC folks, and having an all-out good time. Me and Myke even have special "VFDC mod gear" so we're easily distinguishable from the crowd. You'll know it when you see it. XD

By the way, who are Alex and John? Neo Tower mentioned them to me...

2. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    [ QUOTE ]
    Zero-chan said:

Thanks to a tough budget, though, I'm not going to arrive at LAX until 9:40 PM on Friday. I hope I'll be able to make it over in time to meet up with everyone and get in some quality VF play before bed!

[/ QUOTE ]

Just to be clear, you're not planning on entering the tournament? Because if you were you'll be missing qualifications by arriving that late. Otherwise, you'll at least see the all-Japan finals (plus a few lucky Westerners) on Saturday. /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
    Me and Myke even have special "VFDC mod gear" so we're easily distinguishable from the crowd. You'll know it when you see it. XD

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, I'm gonna be so self conscious now!

[ QUOTE ]
    By the way, who are Alex and John? Neo Tower mentioned them to me...

[/ QUOTE ]

Not exactly sure but maybe they were referring to Alex Valle (Calipower) and John Choi (Choiboy)? But these guys are hardcore 2D fighters so I'm not sure what context Neo Tower was referring to them in.

3. Zero-chan

Unless I miraculously come up with an extra $200 to arrive a day earlier (and burden the cousin I'm staying with some more by asking for an extra night over) that's not going to happen. I've already signed up for the tournament, so I DO plan on participating, late or no.

Neo Tower mentioned an Alex and John picking Team Japan up at an airport on the sixth. Are those the two you're thinking of?

4. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Well, I'm telling you now that if you're not there first thing Friday morning to sign up and participate during the day, then you miss out on the actual tournament. It's all spelled out in the schedule. Not to worry though, I'm sure there'll be many opportunities to get some quality/quantity VFing in!

And yeah, that's the same Alex and John then since I recall John talking about picking up Team Japan as well as making hotel reservations for them.

5. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Hey Myke, damn looks like I'm out. U.S. embassy called today and said I needed another week to get my visa processes. What, do I look like a terrorist??

6. Brisal73

Brisal73 Well-Known Member

Just tell them your situation...never settle for the first answer. Tell them someone is sick and you have to visit them...:)

7. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

They were pretty firm about it...a cousin of mine was also applying for a U.S. visa and he was told three weeks. Plus, my travel agent is telling me that a lot of Indonesians are getting their visas denied.

When it comes to traveling, sucks to have an Indonesian passport.

8. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC
    hey, i was checking out the thread over at shoryuken, and according to them, the magager from Beat Tribe is gonna be there: AKA the screaming announcer from all the BT videos!

AWESOME! we gotta get this guy microphone, for the semis at least, even if it is in japanese (most of the semifinalists will probably be japanese anyway /versus/images/graemlins/wink.gif).

Also, I was noticing that almost all the VF celebs are also playing Super Turbo, and Oshu is playing 3rd Strike and CvS as well. Of course, Nuki is entering even more SF games, but I thought it was interesting.

Spotlite

9. sanjuroAKIRA

sanjuroAKIRA Well-Known Member

/versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

All smiles here. I'll lay down $5 for that mic.

10. Yamcha

Yamcha Well-Known Member

Hey all,

Did anything ever happen yet with a proposed meet on Sunday? I have something I have to attend on Saturday morning, I'm trying to see if I can make it down and at least watch the finals at night. If there's another gathering on Sunday, even better.

11. Mike90210

Mike90210 Well-Known Member

Can someone please give me a schedule of when this thing starts?

12. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
  13. Pai_Garu

Pai_Garu Well-Known Member

Alright guys, I'm confirmed now. Can't wait to see you all there in LA!!

/versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

14. replicant

replicant Well-Known Member

Anyone know if they are going to do a DVD/VHS of the tournament (Specifically VF4evo)? I think it would be awesome to have footage of really all the games being played by some of the top people in the world.

15. Jerky

Jerky Well-Known Member

People need to remember their cameras! /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

16. Llanfair

Llanfair Well-Known Member

Unfortunately I will not be able to attend. New time constraints from new job.

Sorry boys - enjoy!

cheers.

17. Helluva

Helluva Member

Do I need to sign up if I just intend on spectating? Or do I just show up?

BTW, I'm going alone. I'd like to meet some people and maybe play one or two (hundred) rounds with them. If anyone doesn't mind calling up a stranger you should send me a PM and maybe we can meet up at the event! I'm a begginer/lower intermediate player. 22 years old. Relativly safe when not drinking.

18. Brisal73

Brisal73 Well-Known Member

lots of people should be there on thursday during the free play...at least thats what Phoenixlost, and Crocodile Myke told me /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

19. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    [ QUOTE ]
    Brisal73 said:

lots of people should be there on thursday during the free play...at least thats what Phoenixlost, and Crocodile Myke told me /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahaha damn you Open-the-window Brian! Gotta say mexico was looking pretty at that hour in the morning.. /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Anyway, if you can make it on Thursday, do come along. Most people who can be there, will be there, and it's a great opportunity to meet and play everyone (including the Japanese) before the actual tournament starts on Friday.

See you guys then!

20. Zero-chan

Myke, be sure and tell the JP folks I'll be in on Friday night, 'kay? I'd love to meet up with them again ASAP ^^