1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Excuse my ignorance, what SPOD?

Discussion in 'Akira' started by Ruffcoconut, Nov 16, 2001.

1. Ruffcoconut

Ruffcoconut Active Member

i know its an akira move, is it his bodycheck float combo abbr.?

oh what time is it where you live? :) its 10:17pm in NZ.

2. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

RC, please read GLC's FAQ.

SPOD == Stun Palm of Doom == Akira Special 1 == AS1 == Akira's 3-hit combo

First appeared in VF2 as a throw. Was changed to a hit throw that could be escaped half way thru in VF3, and is now an unescapable hit throw combo in VF4.

stun palm - reverse body check - double palm
    (this is for VF4) P+K+G, b,df+P+G, b+P
    The double palm can also be done with f+P. Either way doesn't matter.

Search for posts by Adam Doree. He has an animation of the SPoD in his signature for gamers web IIRC. Feixaq also has the grunts Akira makes if you point at the SPoD's command input animation at the bottom of his VF4fx page... very cool, but I miss the old VF2 style hup-hup-HAH!!! =)

It's 4:58 in the morning here in Boston, but I work the gaveyard shift... ;)

3. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Feixaq also has the grunts Akira makes if you point at the SPoD's command input animation at the bottom of his VF4fx page... very cool, but I miss the old VF2 style hup-hup-HAH!!! =)

Know where I can get the .wav file for VF2 SPoD? I'd gladly substitute that for the VF3 version.

4. akira2001

akira2001 Well-Known Member

Akira's SPoD (stunpalm of doom, ooo-aahh) is a great move but must be preformed fairly fast.
    P+K+G, b, d/f+P+G, b+P

Akira's AS3 (or as some say, Fujin) is another great series of moves played in a combo that starts with a low hit followed by two mids. It is done d+K+G, f+K, b, f+P. Don't feel bad if you don't know some of the terminology, vf has its own language.

Akira's DL (Dragonlance) is an excellent tool for floating opponents to do some series damage. It also must be done very fast. It is done d/f+K+G, f+P, b, f, f+P+K.

If you have trouble learning these don't get frusturated. Be sure all the movements are exact with only the correct # of movements (especially DL). If need be, go to the arcade when it opens and practice them against the computer or put in extra money and practice against yourself.

Good Luck!

5. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

akira2001, before you get flamed incessantly, use what everyone else uses! It's DLC, not DL! Geez! /versus/images/icons/shocked.gif