1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Explanation of the Clash System

Discussion in 'Dojo' started by Pai_Garu, Jan 4, 2007.

1. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

tetsu, that's actually quite a good way of explaining why Jeff's knee has this....quirk!

Certainly, I think this makes the most sense.

2. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Agree with your post, and that was also my hypothesis (look a few posts up) -- though obviously I didn't communicate it properly. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

3. Pai_Garu

Pai_Garu Well-Known Member

well, in a sense, that is what i'm trying to get at.

Longer animation means longer time on the ground like you said for certain moves. But beyond that, my theory is based on the fact that the reason for those other class of attacks not being clashable is due to the convenience of animation. I was looking at the animation especially for Jeffry's knee, and you can tell the knee starts the animation, but it is interrupted by the throw and does the 'deflect' animation. Even for a move like Lau's 8K, the clash animation is the same.

When you look at Goh's animation though, he goes backturned rather quickly. Also like you said Myke, Lau's 8P puts him airborne real quick. Definitely though, what you are suggesting is a good way to test the tolerance of the clashability of different moves. I guess I'm just trying to generalize the reason why moves clash or does not clash.

4. PhoenixDth

PhoenixDth Well-Known Member

i have no idea if anyone mentioned or noticed this, but hanabi mentions in the blackbook in his versus leifei guide

0 frame throws do not clash,

good thing to note for abare reverse nitaku players.

5. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    I think Myke is on the right trail here. I suspect the un-clashability might be related to timing of the window frames of a move when the attack cannot be clashed. For the record: Akiras b,f+P+K and QCB+P will clash after a blocked SDE RN. I havent been able to test things very throughly yet though.

6. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Shouldn't this thread and the 0frame throw explanation thread be stickied?

7. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

The idea is that the core messages of these threads will be incorporated into the system thread and linked to in that thread.

If you'd like to volunteer to help in that process that would be great!

8. AkiraBahn

AkiraBahn Member

I was pretty confused about the clash system, reading this thread has been a great help guyz, thanks.