1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Extravaganza 8 results

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by thebradSHow, Nov 15, 2003.

1. Dandy_J

Dandy_J Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Fishie said:

Did WCMaxi show up at all?
    Im curious about how good his VF skills(or lack thereof)might actually be.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yet you say things like this.

2. Fishie

Fishie Well-Known Member

Just some friendly shitpoking or something.

3. Enkindu

Enkindu Well-Known Member

The only thing making VF worthwhile anymore is this cute girl
    that plays Vanessa.

4. Fishie

Fishie Well-Known Member

Right, thats pathetic.

5. Dandy_J

Dandy_J Well-Known Member

If by pathetic you mean hilarious.

6. imf

imf Well-Known Member

Re: PROPS FOR SHOU.

It was fun seeing old faces again and meeting new peeps as well.

Shou - Thanks for inviting me to your midwest only VF party. Letting me stay at your place and taking care of me while I was in town was cool too. Your Sarah isn't cheesy.................. .. ... .. .... ..... wait -_-;;
    YES SHE IS /versus/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Tim - Thanks for letting me crash at your place wed night. It was good hanging out with you all week also. Keep playing Kage!

Maddy - Dammit Jimmy, we shouldn't live so far from each other! Move to FL soon and bring Shou, or I'm coming to the midwest! Way to battle past Shou and make it outta the winners bracket, that was an impressive comeback. Our matches in the finals were something great, too bad there was nothing set up to record them. /versus/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Unconk - Your skill is extremely high, drag Shou outta his cave a few times a week. You'll be DANGEROUS in no time. /versus/images/graemlins/blush.gif Our matches were fast and fun, hopefully you can make it to NYC in Dec.

Anon - It was great to see you again, totally unexpected! Hopefully you find a stick soon, and keep up that tricky ninja action. I'm looking forward to seeing you in NYC hopefully. /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chi crew: Fetz, Fury, Floe - It was nice to meet all of you and of course see FetZ again. I hoping to see good things from you guys at events in the future. FetZ, good luck with Akira. Floe, irritating machi Jeff, keep it up.;) Fury, props for running everything. Hope to get in more matches with all of you next time. /versus/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Jesse - Good flows with Shun, you surprised me in the first round. Unfortunately my stick was busted in our first match, but Shou saved me by letting me use his stick, and you still beat me in the second match /versus/images/graemlins/frown.gif. Good stuff! We all wish you had been able to stick around for the post tournament gathering. Maybe next time.

Zero - It was nice to finally meet you! Thanks for inviting everyone to invade your house for late night VF'ing after the event.

Lonelyfighter - I'm sorry, where were you? /versus/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

There were too many names to remember all at once. To everyone else that made the event, thx I had a great time.

/versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif Smiley Abuse~

7. Shou

Shou Well-Known Member

Re: PROPS FOR IMF.

Thanks for coming out everyone and supporting the VF scene in America. Both the Tekken Tag (UNCONKABLE) & Tekken 4 (tomhilfiger) champs watched the tourney. In Unconk's case, he participated and placed 4th, showing that Brad can compete. The Chicago SC2 crew are all playing VF as well so new blood is coming to the community. Let's welcome them better than some people such as Fishie. /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'd like to thank my local STL group and the rather large OH group for their support of VF in the midwest region. Hopefully, I'll see most of you in NYC next month.

Random E8 Highlights:
    <ul type="square">
    [*]The original Air Jacky came out of hiding (aka Minnesota)!
    [*]KR Clark Kent (madagascar) for coming back against me in the winners' bracket final (3-2). I'll bring the <font color="green">kryptonite</font> next time. /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    [*]I Machi Fools (IMF) for coming out to the midwest and making it dramatic. Stop copying my strats! /versus/images/graemlins/confused.gif
    [*]Omaha crew was absent due to rampant drunkards.
    [/list]

8. maddy

maddy Well-Known Member

Re: PROPS FOR EVERYBODY.

Big props for everyone who participated in E8 tournament in Iowa. /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif I had a blast playing& watching in the tourney, and It was extremely nice to meet all the people there especially the Chicago crew. We
    (Chicago, Ohio, STL) should get something going in the near future.

My highlights of E8.

1.IMF vs Jesse
    IMF got sent to the losers in the first round by Jesse's remarkably effective Shun. IMF's stick didn't function well when they were playing the first match, but even after he switched the stick, he couldn't regain the momentum back from Jesse. They got to play each other again later.

2. Zerochan's sudden death match victory.
    She went for a side kick as soon as the match started. Vannesa has such a long legs. I wonder what the Wolf tried at that moment (maybe a side kick)?

3. Jesse vs Unconkable
    In the first match, Jesse was beating conk by 200 and 15 in terms of life left. Unconkable used Brad's suprise change and sent Jesse's Shun near the edge of ring, but it was short for a ring out. However, right after that, he used Brad's full circular spin kick and catch Jesse's evade. Ring Out. Unconkable won the match rather easily after that, and Jesse got sent to the losers.

4. Jesse VS IMF
    IMF's low kick, box step flow chart worked like a charm, and IMF got his victory over Jesse this time. It was great matches.

5. Maddy VS Shou
    The winner's final match(3 out of 5) Shou took 2 matches quickly from me by incredible quickness and perfect executions. However, luckily I could play just as I play normally under the pressure and made a comback on Shou's Sarah. I bet the end of the last match was unforgetable for many people who've watched it.

6. Maddy VS IMF
    The final. IMF came all the way out from the loser's, so I had an advantage over him because he had to beat me two sets of 3 out 5 matches, and he did. =)
    IMF got games all under control in the first set of 3 out
    5. After the match #3, I saw the "play again" thing highlighted in the box and thought about pressng the button to play the second set but decided to go to the character select instead. I ended up with a ring out stage as opposed to the Wolf stage for the frist set of match, but I needed to change my tactics and mindset anyway. The matches were very intense and close as IMF and I took 2 matches each out of first 4. The last matches of the finals came down to the last round, and my triple throw escape attempts got beat by the regular throw(:cry:) for IMF's victory. Congraturations. /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Outside of what I wrote, there were many more great& close matches in E8. I have to blame my short memory on that, though.
    I will write another one for shout outs to everyone.

Cheers,

-Maddy-

9. thebradSHow

thebradSHow Well-Known Member

Highlights

Well if I knew we were gonna do highlights....
    1) The girl in the pink shirt- DAMN, that was nice.
    2) Playin unconk in GGXX- close but your Dizzy was 2 bitched out 4 me.
    3) RV TOURNAMENT OF DOOM (RVTOD)- man, Akai has gotten mad better, now if we can convince him 2 post more. Congrats 2 Jimmy on winnin that though (but I did come outta the round robins in first /versus/images/graemlins/cool.gif).
    4) First time I heard Dandy called Daddy J- that's some funny shit.
    5) Playin pad Fei at Zero's place- that shit was TIGHGHGHGHHTHHDshasdhfasjdhflkajsdhflk!111!1!!
    6) Many of tournament matches- Shou v Maddy, IMF v Dandy v KTD, Maddy v Shou v Unconk, IMF v Maddy and so forth. /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

10. Fury

Fury Active Member

Re: Highlights

Yeah props to the girl with those big D cups. The Vf community Salutes you!

11. kungfusmurf

kungfusmurf Well-Known Member

Re: Highlights

Where where? Tell me because I don't have my glasses. /versus/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

12. Enkindu

Enkindu Well-Known Member

I was thinking crouch dash [2][P]. There is no God. For God has not the skill to create perfection such as Zero-chan.

13. Fishie

Fishie Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Enkindu said:

I was thinking crouch dash [2][P]. There is no God. For God has not the skill to create perfection such as Zero-chan.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree, only God could create something as weird and twisted yet awesome like Zero.

14. maddy

maddy Well-Known Member

Shout outs.

IMF,
    Congraturations on winning the E8, dude. /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Your Kage is too awesome. I had much fun playing you as always, and I also found a lot of things to work on my game play both mind game wise and execution wise, which is great gain from the trip.Hopley, I will see you soon in the near future.

Zero-Chan,
    It was very nice meeting you. Thanks for the post gathering at your place. We had 4 setups, and it was dope. Keep repping Vannessa hard. =)

Tomhilfighter,
    It was nice meeting you dude. I am glad you liked my Akira. VF is a very fun game, and judging from your other fighting game ability, you will become super good at this game very soon. See you later in LA if I get to go there.

Shou,
    Thanks for making the trip down to E8, bro. It is just pure pleasure to meet you and playing your sarah everytime, and E8 was not an exeception. Your Sarah is not cheesy anymore, but it is dangerous since it can always go back to the old style. /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif I hope that things in your life go well, too.

Alexkid,
    Nice seeing you again, Tim. Props to you for making it to Iowa despite of all the other busy things. Good& stylish Kage as always, and I will see you later at a midwest gathering in the future.

Unconkable,
    As I expected, you've got way stronger than last time, which was not too long ago. Way to represent Brad before and during the tourney. We will play more games when we meet up next time. /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Jesse,
    Good to see you and your dope Shun at E8. Too bad that I didn't get to have some games against your Shun, but I guess there is always a next time.

Chicago crew,
    Nice meeting all of you. Good plays from everyone during the tourney. Welcome to the VF community, and you guys are always welcome to C-bus for VF fun, and I really mean it. Hope to see all of you in NYC.

Ohio crew,

Josh,
    Big thank you goes to you and your parents for making this trip possilbe. Everything was just great. Your Wolf got a lot stronger. Keep up the good game, dude.

Akai,
    Always nice seeing ya. /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif You've obviously trained hard, and Kojiro said it himself. Good job winning the 2nd in the RV tourney. Training hard!

Serious face,
    True sympathy goes to you for the match up you had in the tourney. ^_^;;; Regardless, your Wolf got a lot stronger. Your should evade more.

Dandy&Kojiro&Avi,
    What can I say as you guys already know what I think of you, bros. /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Good games & trip & hanging out. We should do it together more often,

Sir,
    Good to see you again, bro. It's always fun hanging out with you. Come to LLG and hang out with us when you have a chance. /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Everyone else,
    Good seeing you, and GG to everyone.

Cheers,

-maddy-