1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Extravaganza 8 Tourney - Iowa - Nov. 15th

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by TexasLion, Sep 13, 2003.

1. TexasLion

TexasLion Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JunoSynth
    Date: November 15th. 11am-12am

Clarion Hotel
    525 33rd Avenue, SW
    Cedar Rapids, IA 52404

Game Tournaments

$15 for each tournament. $10 goes to the pot of the individual game. to be rewarded in the 75% 15%and 10% for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. the remaining goes to the cost of the room itself.

Tekken 4

Soul Calibur 2

Virtua Fighter 4: Evolution

Tekken Tag Tournament

Marvel vs. Capcom 2

Capcom vs. SNK 2

?????????

I think this is more of a Tekken event then anything, but VF should have a decent number of entrants. Anyone going?? I can't afford a trip anywhere right now after Evo in CA, but if I can bum a ride from someone in Dallas, I'll go. I know the Dallas guys will definitely be there for Tekken. That should be 3 or 4 from Dallas, maybe.

tekkenzaibatsu link

2. Zero-chan

Zero-chan Well-Known Member

You can bet I'll be helping out on this one. Tyson, the organizer, is a good persoanl friend of mine and is interested in learning more about VF4Evo. Let's show him a good time, folks!

3. Fishie

Fishie Well-Known Member

Im glad I was part in showing him the beautty of Evo.

4. Fury

Fury Active Member

Myself and the chicago crew will be there and enter the VF tourney.

Hope to see you all there.

5. maddy

maddy Well-Known Member

Ohio crew might be there depending on scedules and
    number of participants. Hope many people are interested and going.
    Hey STL buddies, are you guys going to make it to this?

6. Killbomb

Killbomb Well-Known Member

There should be quite a few of us from STL attending E8.

7. Hayai_JiJi

Hayai_JiJi Well-Known Member

Omaha should be down with 3-4 for VF. Jimmy you better go cause you missed like the best time ever in nyc:)

8. HIGHplanzDrifter

HIGHplanzDrifter Well-Known Member

hey lonely fighter-include me in that group! /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

9. Shou

Shou Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    madagascar said:
    Hey STL buddies, are you guys going to make it to this?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll think about it. It appears that more people will go this time around and I'll have to defend my title. /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

10. Fury

Fury Active Member

Ill try to get Shota to come, hoo ha.

11. Ooh_He_Tasty

Ooh_He_Tasty New Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Fury said:

Myself and the chicago crew will be there and enter the VF tourney.

Hope to see you all there.

[/ QUOTE ]

i want to have sex with this forum user

oh and even though it is know on the sc.com forums and the tz ones...myself and alot of other MN kids will be there for this

12. Fury

Fury Active Member

The man above me is very tasty....

oooooh he!

13. Junosynth

Junosynth Well-Known Member

Me and ModestMouse will try to make this. Hopefully a lot of people will show /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

14. Fury

Fury Active Member

there are usually 120 people that show for the day of tourneys. I think last time vf was there it got 32 players...not bad.

15. IceCold

IceCold Active Member

i will try to make this, and maybe one more baton rouge guy, perhaps sanjuro. we'll see :)

ice cold

16. TexasLion

XBL:
    JunoSynth
    This tourney is looking to have quite a good little turnout - IL, Zero Chan, Fury and crew, Baton Rouge, STL, Ohio, MN, Shou, Omaha, Texas, CO, etc...not bad (sorry if I forgot someone).

I hope my ride doesnt back out and can take me. My rusty skills need a good ass whoopin to work back in shape. I know you guys will be happy to help out.

17. Fury

Fury Active Member

Just reminding you its coming up /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Seems to be pretty big, yay.

18. TexasLion

XBL:
    JunoSynth
    How about a team tourney if there's time after the reg. tourney? There should be enough players for one. I've never been in a team tourney before, but they look pretty fun.

And where are most people staying at? I'll be at the Motel 6. We should have a get together or something for all the VF players to practice.

19. Fury

Fury Active Member

Unfortunatley only the tournaments scheduled will go on. Any other tournaments will have to be held in a hotel room or some other venue.

After the VF tourney is over the TVs get used for the other events to speed things up since the room is only available for a day.

20. Zero-chan

Zero-chan Well-Known Member

I'd be more than willing to host a few post and pre-tourney gatherings at my place, if y'all are interested, since I live fairly close to the event center.