1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Extravaganza 8 Tourney - Iowa - Nov. 15th

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by TexasLion, Sep 13, 2003.

1. Fury

Fury Active Member

You live in iowa? always thought you were from way outta town....

And if you could bring a tv and ps2 for the event that would be awesomeness.

2. TexasLion

TexasLion Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JunoSynth
    Sounds good Zero-chan, just let us know. We definitely need a place to play before and after the tourney, whether it's the motel, your place, or somewhere else.

Fury: No problem, I just wanted to play as much as I can. If we can have a team tourney in the motel or wherever, then that would be cool though.

Oh, and I'll be bringing my 13 in. tv and my game and system so I can hook that up in anyones motel room or home so we'll have at least one extra setup. 13 in. might not be good for the tourney (size issue), but it's good enough for casual play. The picture is super clear at least.

3. Zero-chan

Zero-chan Well-Known Member

Yup, I live in CR, and I know KingFan very well. He's been meaning to get into VF4E but lacks competition nearby (as do I). Let's help him out, folks!

(He also is having problems logging into the site to post - care to assist him, Myke? ^^)

4. imf

imf Well-Known Member

I'm planning to come now, hope to see some old, and some new faces at E8!

5. Zero-chan

Kick ass! Looking forward to meeting you for the first time! (^^)

Damn, I've got to get back into competitive shape...

6. Dom

Dom Member

Damn, the tournament is in 2 weeks!! Texas is definately gone be in this shizzle! TexasLion is gone rep hard, and if his brother plays like he do, he'll do good too!!

7. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Me and at least one other VFer from Ohio should be attending the gathering.

8. thebradSHow

thebradSHow Well-Known Member

make that at least 2, /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif VF JUSTICEEEEEEEEEEEE

9. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Good to have you come along, now go lure Maddy, DandyJ, Jacob, and Avi to come along and we will be partying for sure /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'll have to get in touch with Josh for the trip details and stuff.

10. Oni-Kage

Oni-Kage Well-Known Member

Wish I could go, but I lack the funds and the vacation time for this... when was this announced? Only heard of this recently... wish I knew about it earlier in the year. Ah well. I'm sure TL will rep TX well /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

11. Zero-chan

Before (or after) E8 Gathering at my place

My folks seem OK with a gathering at my house the night before (Friday) or the time after the VF4E tourney's run its course. I'm just wondering how many E8-goers would want to spend time playing VF at my house, so I can know how to set up. We may need extra chairs and whatnot...

12. maddy

maddy Well-Known Member

Re: Before (or after) E8 Gathering at my place

At least 6 players from Ohio will be attending at E8. We with bring 2 extra TVs and PS2 with us for casual play. I am much looking forward to meeting old faces and new players. It will be hella fun.

Zero-chan, thanks in advance for hosting a gathering at your place. We will arrive Iowa about 4-5 am. We will definately show up for the post E8 gathering.

Traning hard!

-maddy-

13. Zero-chan

Maddy, kick ass! I'm looking forward to meeting you all. I don't think I've ever met any of the Ohio crew in person before. I'll be trying my best to make my little house party nice too. (^^)

14. Hayai_JiJi

Hayai_JiJi Well-Known Member

Maddy: glad to see your gonna make it down be cool to meet some new memberes of the ohio crew.

Zero: My friend is making me ask this. is there any GGXX type tournaments planned for E8? I had heard talk about it but nothing had been confirmed or denied so just checking. I cast my vote in the post tourney box.

p.s. shun-daddy is gonna bust some god damned heads:)

15. Zero-chan

LF: I dunno about GGXX being there officially, but it seems like some people are at the very least going to set up personal and just-for-fun events for certain games. I'm pretty sure it will be there in some form or other.

16. Fury

Fury Active Member

Alright everyone remember, sign ups begin at 11. Entry closed at 11:45 and then it will be 20 minutes til start time. Make sure you sign up because once the shin dig begins there will be no late exceptions.