1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Famitsu's Sega interview

Discussion in 'General' started by Hayai_JiJi, Feb 16, 2001.

1. Hayai_JiJi

Hayai_JiJi Well-Known Member

Famitsu.com's US site has a six page interview with Tetsu Kayama the new head of Sega. This interview has made me believe in Sega again it is great stuff and a fascinating read. You must read this if you have not done so go do so now.

Under the surface of the most jaded cynic lies a dissappointed idealist- George Carlin

2. Hayai_JiJi

Well fuck you guys:) I hate it when my posts get no replies.

Under the surface of the most jaded cynic lies a dissappointed idealist- George Carlin

3. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

interesting interview.

happy?

i do wish there was a bit more confirmation from sega that they will continue to be at the forefront of arcade board and game development.

4. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Well, you're not the only one that posted about it/images/icons/smile.gif

But thanks for bringing it up, definitely an interesting topic.

-Chanchai

5. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

fuck ya back
    I read it b4 u did:)

I've always believed in Sega...good or bad times.

<font color=red>SummErs' 'mibu's lone wolf'

6. Hayai_JiJi

I did not know someone else posted about it and for that I apologize. SummErs how the hell do you know when I read it so fuck off :)

7. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Hey all, let's chill now (I know I haven't been the best example in recent times/images/icons/smile.gif)

Like I said, Lonely, it was appreciated and was a good topic.

I'm sure Sega will still push for keeping its arcade division on top (I'm under the impression it still is). However, I'm pretty sure that they are showing a strong confidence in their console software support because it's the current issue and to hopefully reel in (or keep) investment and media attention. Hence, they are not talking so much about their arcade business. However, with the state of the arcade entertainment industry, arcades are a topic that should be touched on in detail as well.

-Chanchai

8. Hayai_JiJi

I was not mad that's why I put the little smiley face thing at the end of the sentence. The thing that came out of the interview that I am most excited about is SEGA porting old Saturn games to the Playstation maybe now I will get to play Panzer Dragoon Saga. I too am a little worried about Sega's arcade division

9. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

For some odd reasons, I was sure you will not be mad

<font color=red>SummErs' 'mibu's lone wolf'