1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Fan Chu (vf.net stuff)

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by akiralove, Nov 29, 2001.

1. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC
    In a recent issue of DoRiMaGa, they have a section on a newly discovered aspect of VF.net, called Fan Chu. This translates roughly as "mystery ball", and they are small spheres of different color (they look like little marbles) that appear above the life bar.

The magazine says there are 7 different colors, but in the latest issue, it shows a Lau player who actually has 8, and it looks like with 9 it would be perfectly framed under "winner" in the victory screen. If you watch the video clip "mukki akira vs. chibita" you can see chibita has 2 Fan Chu, while Mukki has none (you can also see akira's high hair, and ponytail).

I looks like these balls represent the aquisition of rare items. I haven't translated all the info about them yet. Maybe someone like Hiro or Tot can explain... I'm guessing here, but I think there is a way to take Fan Chu from other players, it may have something to do with rank. Either way, they encourage people to try and get all Fan Chu!

I thought it was interesting, as it will probably be included in the PS2 version as well.

Spotlite

2. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

Where is this movie you're referring to?

3. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC
    Well, it's on VFX (second clip in the Kainspo section), and I thought it was on your site as well, maybe I'm wrong.

It came from infomatrix originally. The title is mukkyvschibita I think.

Look above chibita's life bar, close to the timer.

Spotlite