1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Fantastic Yu interview at IGN!

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Vicious666, Mar 13, 2002.

1. Vicious666

Vicious666 Well-Known Member

2. mushen

mushen Well-Known Member

3. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Contrasting to what I've heard about Suzuki being sort of reserved or introverted... he sounds like he must have been drunk in this interview/versus/images/icons/tongue.gif Or maybe a lot of the answers were loaded?

In any case, nice read/versus/images/icons/smile.gif

-Chanchai

4. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

Great, so now we know. Taka was far too fat (I told you so) and Vanessa is American. The interview was good but they forgot one super important question. Is VF4 exclusive to PS2 forever and, does he plan to release anymore versions of VF4 past Version C on console or arcade.

I got a better idea of Yu San but I wanted to hear about the nitty gritty. The Lei-Fei tips were interesting though.

5. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

Hmm, interesting read...if a bit weird...It did seem that Yu was more than a bit out of it. THe most interesting tidbit was that on Taka, though it would seem to me (a layman) that ps2 and naomi would of had the power to do taka justice. I mean, its on more powerful hardware than 3 was?! Right?

6. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

It wasn't so much the hardware from what I could tell. It was down to the fact that Taka took too much effort and they just didn't have the time to bring him back. So, like every bad idea he's out with the rest of the trash.

I'm just curious, why do they have Vanessa's nationallity as unknown. Did Suzuki San make it up there and then. Like George Lucas, he has the power to do what he likes with the franchise. But, if the lack of description is some ploy to add some story to Vanessa then it's a little dry.

I really liked his reason behind closed stages. Turtles are boring to watch and a pain to fight against, classic.

7. Zero-chan

Zero-chan Well-Known Member

Well maybe she just lives in the US but her ORIGIN is unknown. That's what I always assumed.
    This was an entertaining interview though, much more amusing than the Gamespot one, even if it was written rather poorly.

8. Shadowdean

True, but I like some open stages..after playing, NOTHING is going to convince me that VF4 stages are an improvement over 3's. C'mon...give a few closed square and rectangle stages, but why EXCLUDE stages like Pai's roof top, or Taka's sumo circle, Kage's, Aoi's stage...I mean, give all the options - then everybody is happy. If you just like flat, square stages - then just select those.

9. Robyrt

Robyrt Well-Known Member

That's the problem... in Japan for VF3, basically nothing got picked but flat stages because the others were just annoying combo-wise. Even Jacky's huge flat stage was unpopular because RO wasn't much of a tactic.

10. Shang

Shang Well-Known Member

>Even Jacky's huge flat stage was unpopular because RO wasn't much of a tactic

Wasn't much of a tactic? Did you forget they increased the size of the rings from VF3 to TB? If this is the "vision" of suzuki to create a simple fighting ground for in your face kind of gameplaying then fine... but fact remains there was very little creativity invested in those flat boxes compare to DOA/SC/TEK/VF3.

11. Shadowdean

Question, I am arguing with Phil (Cause) on Taka's future. From the interview, does anybody think Taka will make a comeback?
    "Yu: As far as Taka's size is conerned, it was hard to process the skin. When he got punched, his skin would bounce back like rubber or fat. So when you think about it, there should be a difference between whether you hit him in an area with muscle or with fat. Because if you hit him in the muscle area it wouldn't bounce back as much as if you hit him in a fat area. The skin took up a heavy amount of processing. So, if we were going to bring back Taka Arashi, then we would have wanted to find a way to make his fat bounce more realistically, and in order to do that, we would have had to take more time than we were given. So Taka is taking a break this time. He's taking a pass.

IGN: Will we see him again in the future?

Yu: Ah, I have to say that he's taken his last pass. You know how you say sometimes that someone might have three passes (strikes), and then they're out of there? Well, here, he only had one pass, and he's taken it."

12. Vicious666

Vicious666 Well-Known Member

sounds like no.