1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Fastest Timing for Commands with Dash Input

Discussion in 'Dojo' started by akai, May 22, 2022.

1. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Three WIP video clips demonstrating 1-frame delay and 0-frame delay execution of commands with dash input. Example used is Akira's [P] to [6][6][K]. CPU is set to Guard and Counterattack with [2][P].

Myke, Tricky and Mister like this.
  2. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

method 3 after testing in training mode is by far the most consistent method for me on hitbox. It's so lenient compared to having to worry about timing your 6 to be the first frame of the 12frame buffer window.

akai likes this.
  3. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    It can also be inputted BEFORE the first frame of the 12 frame buffer window though (the traditional method). But if you can do consistently what is shown is video 3, more power to you!

According to Ohzeki, this tidbit of knowledge was already known since the VF4 days.

4. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

Yeah the problem with having to do it before the window, at least for me, is that I choose my move fairly close to the input buffer window most of the time so having access to these moves with 0f delay and being able to finish the input during the 12f window is highly valuable.

Chanchai and akai like this.