1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Fave female character

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Kiteless, May 12, 2002.

1. Kiteless

Kiteless Member

Just curious who people think is the best of the female fighters.

I personally like Pai a lot, she seems to have improved a lot since VF3 and has a lot of dexterious moves now and decent combo potention. Sarah is still a good character, some of her new moves are a bit dumb though, do they expect people to hit the gattling kick against decent opposition?

As for Aoi, I think she kinds sucks, she doesn't appear to have gained many moves since vf3 and her move list was kinda small anyway, plus reversal timing is really had for some reason. I tried learning vanessa, I just don't like her to be honest, her moves seem a little dull and predicatable and switching between her 2 styles is inconsistent

My vote goes to Pai

2. RIZ

RIZ Well-Known Member

Since I do play Pai I'd like to say Pai but after some thought, if you really mastered Aoi, she can be a hard powerhouse IMHO.

My vote? Aoi Umenokouji.

-<font color=white>R<font color=red>.</font color=red>I<font color=red>.</font color=red>Z<font color=red>.</font color=red></font color=white>

3. Robyrt

Robyrt Well-Known Member

While Pai has improved, most of her new moves (aside from PPKK) are rather useless. Sarah, on the other hand, is a real beast in flamingo stance, finally has decent throws, and has better floats. Aoi is also dramatically improved (hey, there's only one direction to go from VF3), with b,df+P goodness, 270 throws, YY stance and better G-cancels. Vanessa has a lot of potential in MT and DS, but the versatility is what makes her probably the best female character: she has either an impressive throw/reversal/evade game, or an impressive mid hit arsenal, after every knockdown.

4. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

Aoi: Her reversals are awesome, b/c you can reverse much more than any other character. Just gotta get good at it. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

5. Tetra

Tetra Well-Known Member

Aoi. Cos she is pretty with her hair items !

6. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

Yeah, agreed. The Aoishort (Silver) is lovely. YOu seen the Kabuki Star yet?

7. UMJ

UMJ Member

It seems that nobody around here likes venessa. she hardly has any good faqs, and nobody even begins to think of her as one of the best characters. Well I guess *sighs* I'm going to have to write the ultimate venessa faqs. You all have forced me to do so. I hope your happy.

8. blackshadow

blackshadow Well-Known Member

aoi becuase she kool silver kabukie wig ogre mask or red kabukie mask fiend mask hell yeh and she hot good moves reversals are nice and once u have the timin down ur unstoppable

9. SPINMASTER X

SPINMASTER X Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SMX-001
    Aoi 1st and 2nd Vanessa. Aoi is just cool. I think why alot of people don't like Vanessa much is because alot of the moves outside of her throws look fairly lame and boring. I love her throws but her punch and kick moves don't do much for me at all. Both me and my brother were highly anticipating using Vanessa but once we got ahold of her we were kinda dissapointed. She is still cool though, its just that her moves could have been done better.

10. kil

kil Well-Known Member

XBL:
    kildamonk
    sarah IMO.

11. Zero-chan

Zero-chan Well-Known Member

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

I think why alot of people don't like Vanessa much is because alot
    of the moves outside of her throws look fairly lame and boring.

<hr></blockquote>
    There's one big thing about all of her techniques: they all look really, really painful and submissive. Hell, just looking at her powerful arms and legs you think to yourself: "I REALLY don't want to be on the recieving end of those."
    Besides, she's a power/striker character... going for heavy hits and general overpowering instead of combo eye-candy. Much more satisfying to play IMO.
    I think the reason why she's not as popular as some other characters is that a lot of her stuff is fairly difficult to use without some practice and time investment. People would rather go for one of the characters that requires less commitment.