1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite Stage?

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Chan415, Mar 27, 2002.

1. Chan415

Chan415 Active Member

What's your favorite stage and why?

I like them all, but none beat the snow stage.
    Although the city and temple are pretty damn good themselves.

2. a_l_e_x

a_l_e_x Active Member

Like Kage's stage for the falling leaves.

3. nxw0016

nxw0016 Well-Known Member

I like Sarah's stage for the lightenings. And it seems like the lightening strikes are somehow related to your play! I tried once in that stage with two characters standing idle, the lightening does not strike as often. But then if you start fighting, knocking your opponent down or breaking the walls, lightening would strike more frequently.

4. Freud

Freud Well-Known Member

I like Akira stage...simply because of the different lighting effects during Round 1,2 and 3.I happen to be a hardcore fan of ambience lightings.
    And of coz..also for the fact that ..when u see Akira's stage during Arcade play...it means you have made your way to the Final stage. =)

5. stompoutloud

stompoutloud Well-Known Member

I like the aquarium and the palace stage. Aquarium is very interesting, they put Ecco the dolphin the background on the second side. The dolphin will do a backflip everytime a character does a backflip move. Sometimes, if they person is lying down, the dolphin will sink to the lower end and then swim upward when the opponent gets up. Just my observation.

6. geezer

geezer New Member

Two favourites: the cave, and the shrine.

7. thaininja

thaininja Active Member

i like the water stage even though its only ankle deep i love seeing it splash and stuff.....

8. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

I don't like the water stage because it's too small. You can do wall combos from the opening ring position. I also don't like that stage's music.

9. Jerky

Jerky Well-Known Member

"I also don't like that stage's music."

I remember us talking about this. Wolf's stage also had horrible music. My favorite stage has to be Lion's Castle because of the snow, plus that stage's track has an unorthodox beat.

10. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Fav stage...hmmm

Initially, I loved Wolf's stage. The arcade version is just sooo much better. (I love the bgm music too!)

But now with the PS2 and having a proper chance to sit down...enjoy the background and the bgm, I would have to say Lau's stage is my fav.

Just the whole idea of being an open ring, the danger of being ROed gives me a whole new level of excitment.

And of coz, there's the screaming in the EXCELLENT bgm too /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

Something abt Lau's stage bgm that really clicks with me.

Aoi's stage is also great for the same reasons...just pure joy to look at...(I swear to god, Akira's dojo is like..right next door!!!)

""Lion's Castle stage track...has an unorthodox beat""

Very true... I like it heaps.

11. Nemesis02

Nemesis02 Well-Known Member

Nothing beats the Temple, or the city. The temple has flying brids, that setting sun with breakable floor tiles...damn it looks good. And with the city all those helicopter sounds and lights, and fighting on a roof top.....thats all top-notch.

12. Jerky

Jerky Well-Known Member

Well....about the City. It's your opinion of course, but i think the lighting just shows off the lack of detail in the textures on the characters. (PS 2 version only) The track is suitable fighting music i suppose, but to me there isn't much variation to it.

Not picking on your tastes, it doesn't suck to me. It's just those things immediately came to me the first time on it so..

13. 3of19

3of19 Well-Known Member

Actually I don't like the temple stage for the chipping tiles. It's just so unrelistic. That temple has been ther for centuries and yet the tiles are all there when you fight there and break even when a 45 kg person falls on them? Please!

My fav is propably the City stage. I love the lighting there. Dural's stage is great as well, the music is very pumping. I just have a problem with it: It's very hard to see where the endge of the ring is in a pinch.

14. Yamcha

Yamcha Well-Known Member

Screaming, LOL. Actually the singing in Lau's stage is a type of traditional Chinese folk singing.

I tend to like Lau, Jerky, or Lei's stages the best, mostly due to the BGM.

15. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

I love shun's with the jangling telephone nweeEEEEE NYEEOOOOOooo sound effects.

Lion's is very good.

16. MOMOMOMO

MOMOMOMO Member

the two snow stages are my favorites. it's satisfying to force your enemy into making snow angels. others of special note are wolfs, shuns cave and the docks....vanessas i presume?

MO

17. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, which is the 2nd snow stage u're referring to?

So far, I only know of lion's stage being the 'only' snow stage in the whole game.

18. MOMOMOMO

MOMOMOMO Member

sorry...wasnt trying to act "smart" or anything. technically lion has two snow stages....one is on top of the castle roof and the other is located halfway under a section of the castles indoor area. i think.

19. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

No actually...I'm with u on this one..
    wouldn't it be great if we could view the entire stage?

Too bad...
    as long as gameplay is there

20. Goom

Goom Active Member

EHHEH, yeh. Looking out of Akira's dojo looks like Aoi's little arena, and vice versa when you're out in Aoi' stage.

My favorite is definetly Kage's garden, closely followed by Lau's Great Wall. The other more traditional stages; like Akira's, Aoi's and Lei's are all nice.

The only more modern one I like is Wolf's. Sarahs, Jacky's, Vannesa's - I definetly don't like those.