1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite video game music~

Discussion in 'General' started by Zero-chan, Apr 23, 2002.

1. Zero-chan

Zero-chan Well-Known Member

Yeah, I wanted to post a silly poll-type topic. Figured this one would be better than "Who has the cutest avatar?" (I vote Triple Lei.)

I'm sure I can't be the only person here who is really into game music. I've managed to amass a fairly sizable VGM CD collection over the past few years that I'm quite happy with. (Although it's nothing compared to my friend Xanadujin, who has something like $2000+ worth of Japanese VGM CDs)
    Anyways, out of the albums I own, I can say my favorites are all of the Virtual On soundtracks (VOOM, VOOT, and Force), Seiken Densetsu (Secret of Mana) 2 and 3, Valkyrie Profile, and Sonic Adventure 1 & 2.
    Recently I made a CD-R of the Radiant Silvergun soundtrack, which is awesome as well. I wish I could get the original CD for that, but it's insanely rare and in very high demand since the composer has become quite popular. (Maybe I should try to get the actual GAME first.)
    I wish there was more music available for old-school stuff, too. Lots of old Konami 16-bit games had killer music that was never released in album form. Even classic 8-bit stuff shouldn't be overlooked... the Megaman games do some incredible stuff with the crappy little NES sound chip.
    Any other opinions?

2. Fishie

Fishie Well-Known Member

Check out the original SMS dungeon music from Phantasy Star .
    Awesome stuff .

3. Tetra

Tetra Well-Known Member

like the VF2 akira stage music and some other stages can't remember. And the VO soundtracks. Lastly Super robot wars music /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

4. Yamcha

Yamcha Well-Known Member

Heheh, this thread always pops up on every board. Anyway, here are some of my favorites:

Shenmue I+II, JSR, JSRF, Chrono Trigger, Suikoden I+II, Castlevania series (especially Dracula X RoB), MegaMan 1-3, Panzer Dragoon, FF4&6, Goemon series, Ys I+II.

Of course there's more but I think these are the major ones. I really dig them old Rockman tunes too, my favorite being Snake Man's theme.

5. PlugAndChug

PlugAndChug Well-Known Member

Favorite soundtrack of all time has to be Lunar 1 on the SegaCD. The dragon's dungeon music was the most inspirational music EVER. LoL The whole soundtrack was just brilliant

Chrono Trigger's music was excellent as well, along with Phantasy Star 4.

Celes' Opera theme music was classic on Final Fantasy 3(US).

6. Tetra

Tetra Well-Known Member

hmmm never heard of panzer dragoon's music for a long time. It's one of the games with better music in Saturn hehe.

7. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Ooh, I really liked the first Grandia's theme!

8. Bronzefist

Bronzefist Member

Hehe too many to name:

Soul Edge/Blade, Tekken 2, Every Megaman game I've played, Castlevania 3, Medal of Honor (PC), Street Fighter 2, Actraiser.

I also liked the soundtrack for Giga Wing 2. I was pretty surprised actually. I suggest you check it out if you have a DC.

Peace,
    Bronze

9. BakuBaku

BakuBaku Well-Known Member

All 3 of the outrun songs. The Space Harrier theme was sweet too!

10. Robyrt

Robyrt Well-Known Member

If you can count PC stuff as videogames, I love the OMF 2097, Tyrian, Jazz Jackrabbit, and Total Annihilation soundtracks. VF2 isn't exactly good, but it sure does stay in your head /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif

11. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

Total annihilation had an awesome soundtrack...what else..
    Rocket Ranger on the Amiga
    Mechwarrior 2, 3 (thought 4 and mercs was kinda weak)
    Lunar - sega CD

12. Kali

Kali Well-Known Member

My favourites:
    Stardust / Super Stardust {amiga}
    Microcosm {amiga CD32)
    Body Blows serie {amiga}
    N2O, Wipeout / Wipeout 2097 (XL in US) / Wip3out / Wipeout Fusion (not as good as in previous titles in serie, but still really good), Rez, Frequency, Rollcage, Ghost in the Shell, Ridge Racer Revolution, Rage Racer, Street Fighter III:3rd Strike, N-Gen Racing, Motorhead, Rapid Racer, Soul Blade (Soul Edge in US), Soul Calibur, Suikoden II, FFVII, Chrono Cross... and of course GAMERA 2000 (PSX - Panzer Dragoon like shooter, released only in Japan)

13. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

Panzer Dragoon had awesome music...
    to be honest, however, there is not a lot of video game music I would listen to on its own merit.

14. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

In no order.

Ace Combat 4.
    Guilty Gear.
    Guilty Gear X.
    Soul Blade/Edge.
    Soul Caliber.
    Guardian Heros.
    Street Fighter 2.
    Street Fighter 3 (All games).
    Street Fighter EX plus Alpha.
    Street Fighter Alpha (Saturn Version).
    Street Fighter Alpha 2 (Sagat vs Ryu - Saturn version).
    The Bouncer.
    King Of Fighters (All games).
    Tekken (2,3,TT).
    Breath Of Fire 3.
    Chrono Trigger.
    Sonic (All games).
    Final Fantasy (7,8,10).
    Virtua Fighter 2.
    VOOM.
    VOOT.
    ZOE.
    Megaman X
    Panzer Dragoon (All games).
    Streets of Rage 2.
    Sega Rally (both games).
    Last Bronx.
    TMHT Tournament.
    TMHT Turtles in Time.
    Cybernator.

15. buckysenior

buckysenior Member

The Wip3out series. Definitely.

buck

16. Murasame

Murasame Well-Known Member

Actraiser
    Castlevania SOTN(haven't even seen the game, lol)
    GGX
    Grandia
    Grandia 2 (haven't seen)
    FF8
    KI2
    Plok (SNES game)
    Sonic Adventure
    Sonic Adventure 2 (haven't seen)
    Sonic 1, 2, 3
    Soul Edge
    Star Ocean 2 (haven't seen)
    Street fighter 2 (good enough to regurgitate a hundred times...and Capcom is happy to oblige)
    Streets of rage 2
    Tekken 2

17. Shouji

Shouji Member

• Chrono Trigger (Character songs were w00t.)
    • Guilty Gear/X (All fighting games should have music like this.)
    • Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (I'm about the only one in the world that likes that jazz.)
    • Street Fighter Zero 3 (I personally love every song in this game.)
    • Radiant Silvergun (Best shooter music next to that old Life Force game.)
    • Castlevania IV (I like most of this game's music more than what was in SoTN.)
    • Dance Dance Revolution: All Mixes (Top tier.)
    • Suepr Metroid (Boss music was great.)
    • Rockman/Mega Man 2 (Bubble Man remix!)
    • Final Fantasy 4 + 6. (The boss themes are too cool.)

18. Guest

Guest Guest

Final Fantasy 7

19. Mike90210

Mike90210 Well-Known Member

Lunar
    GTA3..has some decent hiphop on it
    Im not too into songs without words.

20. stompoutloud

stompoutloud Well-Known Member

soul Blazer 1 & 2 for japanese snes
    Robotrek snes