1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Feb. 7th VF4 in LA

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by akiralove, Feb 6, 2002.

1. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC
    Anyone want to play some VF4 tommorow night (thursday) at my house in LA?

Looks like Brisal is coming, so that's 2 of us. Who else can make it (if anyone)? I live in LA proper, close to the 10.

Spotlite

2. Brisal73

Brisal73 Well-Known Member

3. akiralove

XBL:
    JTGC
    Brian, I just talked to Cameron, and he can't play until monday. Should we re-schedule for then?

Bryan

4. Brisal73

Brisal73 Well-Known Member

its up to you but I can't make it on mondays because im in a basketball league

5. akiralove

XBL:
    JTGC
    well, my tattoo appt cancalled, so why don't we go ahead and play tommorow. I'll send you my info.

Bryan

6. gribbly

gribbly Well-Known Member

Getting together in LA.

I can't make it on mondays because im in a basketball league

ah bummer -- is yr monday engagement a regular thing, or does it move around? My situation is that I have to pick a night and stick to it. So I just picked Monday more or less at random. I could change it to another night when you're free so you, me and spotlite could have a regular weekly thing. That would be really good.

I guess we just have to come up with a night that suits all of us. And because of my restrictions (mainly work, which is totally crazy as a general rule) it would be best if it was the same night every week. My options are:

Monday (anytime)
    Tuesday (I do kickboxing from 7:30 - 8:30)
    Wednesday (claimed by a regular get together with some swedish friends -- we expats gotta stick together!)
    Thursday (kickboxing again, same times)
    Friday (anytime)
    Saturday -- often get claimed by work =]
    Sunday -- often get claimed by work =]

My other problem is that I don't have transport. This is something I'm working on but (surprise) American financial institutions are somewhat reluctatant to give money to random Australians =] So this is a slow process.

Anyway... I really hope we can set something up. Monday is by far the best night for me. Friday is free but I have a sort of mini-deadline every Friday and often have to work late, plus concerts and other social shit often goes down Friday night. We can try and work something out for the other nights, or Saturday or Sunday. These are harder for me but not necessarily impossible. I'd really like to get a regular thing going so it's one of those things the rest of your life bends around, not the other way round if you know what I mean.

I don't mind if this regular thing is at AI, or UCLA, or at spotlite's place (if you're into that Bryan). I know that when I get setup with VF at home (which probably won't be till the US version comes out) you guys are more than welcome to come around and fight!

Let me know what you think. BTW the reason I'm making such a fuss about this is that while it's totally cool playing with spotlite, I think we'd all agree that having three people playing together is more fun.

grib.