1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Feet Bribe 5: OFFICIAL UK RANKING LEAGUE TOURNAMENT

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by Tsuujin, Nov 20, 2003.

1. Tsuujin

Tsuujin Well-Known Member

Hi all, It's about time we all knew where we were in terms of the UK ranking as the field of UK vfers is sprouting nicely.
    This event is for anyone who is anyone on VF evo...and everybody else.

ATTENTION: If you live in the UK and you play VIRTUA FIGHTER 4 EVOLUTION you better MAKE SURE you are at this event. All the other events you have entered mean nothing, this means EVERYTHING!

Make sure you are there, even if you feel you are not that good, it will be good practice and a good experience for you. Plus your name will be featured in the official ranking for the whole country.
    Also you will have an opportunity to have your very own VHS video of you VS every single player in the UK!

A little chat me and Jide had on IRC:

<ChampRyan> I wanna have a UK ranking
    <ChampRyan> people sometimes ask what the ranking is in the UK
    <ChampRyan> we always get stuck after the first few usual suspects
    <ChampRyan> We need to know
    <jide> ah i see
    <jide> sounds interesting
    <ChampRyan> People at the bottom of the ranking will have reason to practice and people at the top will have pressure
    <ChampRyan> you like it?
    <ChampRyan> Maybe I will make a uk ranking league thread
    <ChampRyan> I wanna charge a fee of like £2 or so for everyone to enter, then I will collect all the money together, pay it to Trocadero and have the machine put on free play for the tournament
    <ChampRyan> then we will have a league and everybody will play everybody one single match
    <ChampRyan> We will do these leagues once a month
    <ChampRyan> to keep a record
    <ChampRyan> we will also put a big chart on a board up in trocadero so that people can look on it and immediately know who is top/mid tier etc.

So here it is guys!

Place: Trocadero

Date: Early January 2004

Time: Matches will start immediately at 12pm depending on whoever turns up first as I have no paperwork to do on the day. It's gonna be a long day/night so lets all get there very early please.
    It will be worth it!

Format: League / Everyone will play everyone ONE match only!

The machine will be set to Free Play

The machine will be set to Event Mode (to allow simultaneous character change after one match)

The machine will be set to Best of 5 rounds / 45 Seconds

Sides will be decided by coin toss (UK STYLE) or rock, paper, scissors gamble (JAPAN STYLE)

Winner: 1 win will be recorded
    Loser: Rounds won will be recorded

Anything goes, anything at all, turtling ,the lot, remember this is for your national positioning so if you have a tactic or strategy that works for you, USE IT!!!

Must stick with the same character so pick your best!

Recording:

All matches will be recorded and individual player matches will be on sale. For example if everyone turns up, it will be around 30 heads or so. So everyone will have 29 matches. After the event is over each person will be able to buy their very own copy of their 29 matches video. If you just ask me I will make it for you. Of course on this day the camera will be plugged in to the mains and extra cam tapes will be brought. I will be recording most of the time this time as I wont have as much to do.

I might make this event once a month but I'm not sure yet, if I do then differences will be noticed even if it is only one match. Consistent players will stand out.

I know I have said it before but you guys better seriously practice for this one because everyone is gonna see the results of this and it is for your benefit.

GOOD LUCK ALL OF YOU!

This maybe once a month so you can compare your progress a month later.

I’m air tossing bare manz! /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Later

Ryan

2. RagingSilver

RagingSilver Well-Known Member

sounds good Ryan *gets comfy at the bottom of the league*

I look forward to it. U shud keep the records on a database or something. Then like u can post it on a website and sort it out by characters too or Clans if ppl wanna make lil clans etc. Maybe someone cud make a website to post the league. I'd do it but I'll just copy and paste the league or something. Maybe I can bring my cam along too and take snapshots of ppl's faces and add a profile or something. lemme know if u would by p2p or IRC if u can catch me in there.

This should be a fun experience and Free play is definatly 2 nice words I like to hear. Now we can sort out who the big boyz are etc hehe. Like Ryan said, Keep practising all!

3. Onny

Onny Well-Known Member

sounds great! we've been doing a similar thing for 3s for a while now (in fact it's just started it's second season) and it works very well.. not only to find rankings but also in raising the general level of play /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

*counts the days*

4. Crazy_Galaxy

Crazy_Galaxy Well-Known Member

Sounds good. looks like I'm gonna have to raise my stamina level 30+ matches woooo!! *cheap tactics will be used /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif*

5. Zakuta

Zakuta Well-Known Member

Hmm, sounds very interesting.

But I know full well I'll hardly ever be getting points, like in the 3s RB. /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

6. stalwartsamurai

stalwartsamurai Well-Known Member

As usual, you know i'm already there /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

but hang on is it going to be in sort of
    Kyu ranking to Dan ranking? etc /versus/images/graemlins/confused.gif

7. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

UK.VF Net = 00berage, well done ryan...

i'll be sure to get my ass kicked, but i aint going down without sweatty armpits!! lol

8. RandomHajile

RandomHajile Well-Known Member

will it involve that system where u get the best wining percentage but still only get to 2nd rank as someone beat u once???
    that was soo fun!

9. vosor1

vosor1 Well-Known Member

right, i will host the league and will place a profile of all players on our internet site Hand Vs Eye launching in December or January...

nuff said..

10. Tsuujin

Tsuujin Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Tsuujin said:

Hi all, It's about time we all knew where we were in terms of the UK ranking as the field of UK vfers is sprouting nicely.
    This event is for anyone who is anyone on VF evo...and everybody else.

ATTENTION: If you live in the UK and you play VIRTUA FIGHTER 4 EVOLUTION you better MAKE SURE you are at this event. All the other events you have entered mean nothing, this means EVERYTHING!

Make sure you are there, even if you feel you are not that good, it will be good practice and a good experience for you. Plus your name will be featured in the official ranking for the whole country.
    Also you will have an opportunity to have your very own VHS video of you VS every single player in the UK!

A little chat me and Jide had on IRC:

<ChampRyan> I wanna have a UK ranking
    <ChampRyan> people sometimes ask what the ranking is in the UK
    <ChampRyan> we always get stuck after the first few usual suspects
    <ChampRyan> We need to know
    <jide> ah i see
    <jide> sounds interesting
    <ChampRyan> People at the bottom of the ranking will have reason to practice and people at the top will have pressure
    <ChampRyan> you like it?
    <ChampRyan> Maybe I will make a uk ranking league thread
    <ChampRyan> I wanna charge a fee of like £2 or so for everyone to enter, then I will collect all the money together, pay it to Trocadero and have the machine put on free play for the tournament
    <ChampRyan> then we will have a league and everybody will play everybody one single match
    <ChampRyan> We will do these leagues once a month
    <ChampRyan> to keep a record
    <ChampRyan> we will also put a big chart on a board up in trocadero so that people can look on it and immediately know who is top/mid tier etc.

So here it is guys!

Place: Trocadero

Date: Early January 2004 / 10th and 11th January
    Tied scores will playoff on the 17th January

Time: Matches will start immediately at 12pm depending on whoever turns up first as I have no paperwork to do on the day. It's gonna be a long day/night so lets all get there very early please.
    It will be worth it!

Format: League / Everyone will play everyone ONE match only!

The machine will be set to Free Play

The machine will be set to Event Mode (to allow simultaneous character change after one match)

The machine will be set to Best of 5 rounds / 45 Seconds

Sides will be decided by coin toss (UK STYLE) or rock, paper, scissors gamble (JAPAN STYLE)

Winner: 1 win will be recorded
    Loser: Rounds won will be recorded

Anything goes, anything at all, turtling ,the lot, remember this is for your national positioning so if you have a tactic or strategy that works for you, USE IT!!!

Must stick with the same character so pick your best!

Recording:

All matches will be recorded hopefully and individual player matches will be on sale. For example if everyone turns up, it will be around 30 heads or so. So everyone will have 29 matches. After the event is over each person will be able to buy their very own copy of their 29 matches video. If you just ask me I will make it for you. Of course on this day the camera will be plugged in to the mains and extra cam tapes will be brought. I will be recording most of the time this time as I wont have as much else to do.

I might make this event once a month but I'm not sure yet, if I do then differences (even small) in ranking positions will be noticed even if it is only one match. Consistent players will stand out.

I know I have said it before but you guys better seriously practice for this one because everyone is gonna see the results of this and it is for your benefit.

GOOD LUCK ALL OF YOU!

This maybe once a month so you can compare your progress a month later.

I’m air tossing bare manz! /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Later

Ryan

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok guys this is it.

This will be a two day event

The dates are 10th and 11th of January so start practicing today!!!

Anyone who cannot attend both days better make sure they play all their matches on the day they will be there.

any players that have tie breaks will play off the following week (17th January) to decide positioning in the UK ranking)

PLEASE SIGN UP BY POSTING HERE OR POSTING AT http://www.ullysis.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=3358#post3358
    AND SAYING YOU WILL ATTEND.

I expect this will be our biggest VF tourney ever in the UK.

11. Crazy_Galaxy

yep I'm there, hopefully bring my proper high tempo game which was lacking last tourni /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif *Practise I will!*

12. RandomHajile

RandomHajile Well-Known Member

yes i'll be there, both days:) hehe
    sounds good!

13. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

i'll be there saturday, but i sincerly doubt sunday (indirectly a NO), looks like i'm out of this one too.... ollie, i'm gonna keep an eye on your aoi from now on, it's starting to get damn cheeky... /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

14. Onny

Onny Well-Known Member

i will definitely be there for both days but only after 6pm... have to work weekends all through january and maybe feb too.

*goes back to practice*

15. Crazy_Galaxy

[ QUOTE ]
    Bare_Knuckle said:

i'll be there saturday, but i sincerly doubt sunday (indirectly a NO), looks like i'm out of this one too.... ollie, i'm gonna keep an eye on your aoi from now on, it's starting to get damn cheeky... /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    lol! I think you should be alrite I think it's on a friday and sat, unless I got my dates mixed up /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
    Merry christmas and happy new year to all Uk vfers /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

16. Shoju

Shoju Well-Known Member

I really can't make it there on those dates but when will the next one be?

17. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

just wondering... did anybody go to troc friday? (boxing day)..

just wondering if i missed any practice sessions.. /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

18. Crazy_Galaxy

Passed by today, stalwart, G-ho, jeffahn were there, not much people for vf though.

19. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

i guess i can make an appearance. /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

20. KneeNinja

KneeNinja Well-Known Member

As a man of few words:

I'm in