1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Fierce OPPONENTS!

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by ghetto-SHUN, Nov 25, 1999.

1. ghetto-SHUN

ghetto-SHUN Well-Known Member

This is not a very significant post, just for my own personal curiousity.
    I`d like for the pro's especially to let me know which players in this country give them the most problems. When I say players i mean human, not character.
    Your most FIERCE OPPONENT and why. Three replies would satisfy me plenty, thanx.

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Andy's Pai gives me the most trouble. I can only remember beating his Pai 1 or 2 times.(read:I only won once) He just has my number.

Shota's Lion would have to be second. His use of Ura/voodoo and Lion's low punch give me problems. I wish Shota would use Jacky more against me. His Lion gives me the heebeegeebees.

Your Shun takes third. All of those falling low kicks and f,f+ke's are a major annoyance. The fifty percent chouwan combos are also a pissoff.

I don't lose sleep over any other players.

-Emil
    Akira the 5 Move Wonder

3. sta783

sta783 Well-Known Member

Since we are talking about Fierceness, my opinion would be:

adamYUKI
    The boom-boom sound of DE/SDE just scares me.

Andy's Pai
    Seemingly bold with his rushes. But I am usually the one who gets scared first.

Sumeragi
    Fear the elbow-palm, punch, Punch, PUNCH.

ghetto-SHUN gets nominated for the most FRUSTRATING enemy to fight with. Boy, aren't you on the right track to master Shun....

4. Nutlog

Nutlog Well-Known Member

Though he doesn't play much at all...Jay from Chicago. I have a mental block here somewhere. I've beaten him once in 2.5 years. He just plays so disjointedly, at such an odd pace, that it completely throws me off. Plus you have to love his ability to trash talk...He's almost as good Ed or myself :p

Shota's Lion would be second with, well...., the weirdness of it. I guess it comes from not having good Lion players around. (Troy's is decent, but he gets too predictable)

Hiro's Wolf would be third. Ack...the defense is just crap...he buckles down after you take about half his life and you never touch him again it seems.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

1.) anybody playing base. this would prominently include Shota's jacky and perhaps Sumeragi from time to time (though i have only played them both on one occasion).

2.) I would have once said Rich, because whenever i beat him i get the sense that he isn't playing seriously, but recently i have learned he *always* plays seriously.

3.) not Hiro. he's too nice to hate.

4.) Nelson? well, i always eat the first move off the start. that's frustrating.

5.) Andy when he starts playing ppp/sidekick/CD pai.

6.) Adam and the seamlessly executed akira strings.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Taking into consideration just how much of a machi player you are, perhaps "Emil - Akira the 5 move -gutless- wonder" would be more a more fitting sig line.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

btw, i believe emil took the "5 move wonder" bit from something i wrote about the new york gathering a while back.

8. Guest

Guest Guest

Peter, can you name the 5 moves?(I know I use more than 5 moves but I have my favourites:))

This message board is a sensitive environment. The one time I post I get flamed by an anonymous person.

-Emil
    Akira the 5 Move(maybe more)Wonder

9. Guest

Guest Guest

umm, i remember P, DE, SDE, fb+P+G, and d/f+P+G clearly, and i assume you were also using PK but i have no memory of this per se. i don't remember seeing many DLCs, SPoDs, knees, STs etc. in any case i thought of you as a "5 move wonder" because you relied on a simple set of moves that you could mix up effectively--quite well, i thought.

10. Guest

Guest Guest

My staple moves are as follows:
    1. P/PKG/LowP-Everything starts from these three jabs.
    2. SDE/DE-What kind of Akira doesn't use SDE/DE?
    3. LowFist-Advantage Akira when it connects, uncounterable if blocked. Can't go wrong with this move.
    4. PK-It is easy to rack up big damage at virtually no risk with multiple pk's. AdamYuki demonstrated this to me at the Chicago gathering.
    5. Single Palm
    6. Throws:d/f+pg and f,b+pg-I use b,f+pg d/b,f+pg and surprise exchange on occasion.
    7. SPoD-Recent addition :)

The reason I don't use DLC is because when I used to practice it my hand would get very sore. So I gave it up.
    I try to rely on yomi rather than big damage combos.

Thanx for the the compliment Peter.
    -Emil
    Akira the Seven Move Wonder