1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

fight stick

Discussion in 'Joysticks and Other Controllers' started by wingchun_warrior, Jun 7, 2012.

1. wingchun_warrior

wingchun_warrior Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

I just started playing with a stick what's the best button layout to use and is it just me its hard as hell to do combos and block or do I got to get used to it

2. saelz8

saelz8 Member

[​IMG]

Using the VX SA as an example, that would be Green - Guard. Red - Punch. Blue - Kick.
    [​IMG]

3. Tha_FeauchA

Tha_FeauchA Yosha!

PSN:
    Medina_Rico
    Using the stick above as an example. Red=G Blue=P Yellow=K works best for me.

Long ago, I used to use that same layout, but with the bottom 3 buttons (right under the red, blue and yellow). But my buttons crapped out and I switched to the top buttons and got used to using the top ones.

Just thought i'd throw another opinion out there.

4. Kikimaru

Kikimaru Well-Known Member

PSN:
    kikimaru024
    It'll really screw you over if you ever decide to visit Japanese arcades, though.

5. Grabczas

Grabczas Well-Known Member

Also important thing. In that setting use your thumb for G, index for P and middle for K.

For some people this can look ridiculous to write but when i watch my friends (mostly in SCV since layout is almost the same as in VF) trying to use only index finger for every button and don't know why their execution is so poor [​IMG]

6. wingchun_warrior

thanks guys for the reply

7. Genesis

Genesis Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Genesis Malakh
    I don't use my thumb for Guard, personally. Index, middle and ring for Guard, Punch and Kick, respectively.

8. hidden_bottle

hidden_bottle Member

thanks for the advice guys .. ive been using the method genesis is using for my hori real arcade pro v3-sa i just bought.

[​IMG]

9. Mlai

Mlai Well-Known Member

This.

(1) Resist the urge to program your other buttons as combinations such as P+K, P+G, etc. That will only mess you up as your fingers fumble across the big dashboard looking for buttons. Keep it simple and never take your 3 fingers off the 3 buttons. Even pressing all 3 buttons like P+K+G is dead simple; this is coming from a guy who would often mess up Zangief's spinning lariat. VF has a big window; you don't have to press all 3 at the exact instant.

(2) I use fingers 1,2,3. I don't know why anyone would use fingers 2,3,4. Which fingers of your hand are the most dextrous and the most used to working together in fine motor activities? 1,2, and 3.

10. wingchun_warrior