1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Fighting against Aoi

Discussion in 'Aoi' started by maddy, Mar 26, 2004.

1. maddy

maddy Well-Known Member

What's the best or good options that I can do against Aoi's 6P,P?

2 situations,

1. When 6P is blocked: the usual guessing game afterwords (cancle throw or another elbow)

2. When 6P hits: again the usual gussing game afterwards.

What are good actions for me to take after each situation? For me, I try to guess, but if there's better option to take( e.i, something that beats both of Aoi's options), I'd like to know about them.

Thx in advance.

2. stompoutloud

stompoutloud Well-Known Member

Maddy, you do use akira. So start listening more carefully and if you hear the one where her elbow will come out, reverse. That's all I can think of since I have trouble against it most of the time.

****I know I know.. easier said than done. /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

3. Dandy_J

Dandy_J Well-Known Member

By hit do you mean staggered?

If you get staggered it's normal stagger guessing game stuff of course. Just yoho or something.

For all other situations, I guess the absolute safest thing to do is sit and guard, and if you see the cancel, backdash. Or, better yet, [2]+[P] if you see the cancel. You should be able to beat Aoi's [2]+[P] as she recovers a bit slow from her [6]+[P][P][G] and [6]+[P]+[K][P][G] cancels.

Edit: Okay, here's the frame breakdown:

[6]+[P][P][G]: -12 on block, -8 on hit, -6 on MC
    2nd hit does 22 pts of dmg and +1 on MC
    [6]+[P]+[K][P][G]: -13 on block, -12 on hit, -3 on MC
    2nd hit does 22 pts of dmg and knocks down on MC

In terms of risk/reward, if you block Aoi's [6]+[P], it's a good idea to call the player on their cancels until they stop doing it on block. The risk reward is pretty much in your favor - if they cancel, they're going to eat ~50 pts + wakeups, and if you get hit, you're gonna eat 22 pts and be -1 (OH NOES!!). [6]+[P]+[K] on the other hand is a lot riskier, since if you get hit on MC it's a knockdown (and you know what that means*).

With Akira I guess I would do [3]+[P]+[G] since that is easy to bust out quickly.

But I think the best (overall) option on block is to watch for the cancel and then attack. As long as you're decentely fast you can always beat out their low [P]. Aoi players shouldn't be canceling much on block anyway.

* [2]+[K]+[G] /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4. danny13

danny13 Well-Known Member

Well Maddy. From my experience, all Aoi will almost cancel the 2nd f+p on the first attempt. Usually I will always do throws(shinha) after I blocked the first elbow. If they stop at the second elbow or cancel the 2nd elbow, they'll eat throws. I also like to crouch dash back followed by shoulder ram after blocking one elbow as many Aoi like to low punch or high punch after cancelling the 2nd elbow.

Personally, I dun like to use low punch in my fight against Aoi because an experience Aoi will anticipate it and do f+p(just one elbow), watch for low punch, low throw. If you really want to low punch, do it and buffer low throw escapes.

5. maddy

maddy Well-Known Member

Thanks Stomp, Dandy and Danny for the replies. I've been much helped.

6. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

The best way to annoy an Aoi that abuses the elbow-cancels. Input a throw, just as the 2nd elbow would cancel (about half-way through I suppose). If she cancels it, you get the throw. If she doesn't, you take a bit of damage. Low-risk, high reward.

7. Robio_kun

Robio_kun Well-Known Member

Yeah, that annoys me when I am elbow cancelling. After one of them I tend to give up on the elbows and try something else.

Robin