1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Fighting Vipers (and VF) artwork archive?

Discussion in 'General' started by Mirkan, Feb 16, 2002.

1. Mirkan

Mirkan Well-Known Member

I'm gonna ask two questions in one with this one. Are there any good pages for official CG or hand drawn art from Virtua Fighter and/or Fighting Vipers?

When I draw fan art there are little details on the characters that I just can't spot in the game(s), so I'd be very grateful if someone knew something about this.

As 'subject' suggests, I'm primarily hunting down FV artwork for the time being, so I turn myself to you Zero-Chan. Do you have any material I could have?

Thanks in advance.

2. Zero-chan

Zero-chan Well-Known Member

Hey Mirkan. I have quite a large collection of official FV CG and hand-drawn artwork from my FV book collection (as well as some CG off Saturn FV). I don't have a full scanned/CG art archive available on my site simply because of the debatable legality surrounding scanning and using official art from books and stuff without Sega and the book publisher's full permission. (I know AM2 likes my site, but if I did something they didn't like I'm sure they'd let me know. The last thing I want to do is anger my favorite game producers.) However, if you have any requests for something to scan out of the guidebooks, etc. for you to use as a model, I'll be happy to help. Just don't ask me to scan entire books. (^^)

I have lots of FV fan-made artbooks as well, but out of respect for the original artists, they are never going to be scanned. There's quite a lot of angry Japanese artists out there who don't want people using their fanart without permission.

3. Mirkan

Mirkan Well-Known Member

There's quite a lot of angry Japanese artists out there who don't want people using their fanart without permission

I know how they feel. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif
    I'd love some Bahn scans though, if that's alright with you. Hand drawn, CG, anything will do. I'd prefer his FV2 design, as it is most up to date, but his FV1 one is fine too.

If you'd like, I could send the pics I do to you and you could tell me what you think of them. Maybe they could make it onto your FV page? /versus/images/icons/wink.gif

No cost of course, I'd be honoured.