1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Fightstick recommendations

Discussion in 'General' started by VF2011, Jul 6, 2020.

1. VF2011

VF2011 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    M-F-B
    So I haven't played much VF in the last few years but I'm looking to get back into it. Problem is that I foolishly got rid of my fightstick and I'm finding that playing on a pad is terrible and not fun for this game so I'm looking for a new stick.

I used to have a Madcatz TE but I'm currently looking at a Hori which would work on ps4/ps3/pc. How much of a difference will I notice if I go from the sanwa buttons and stick to the hori? Will it be noticeable or am I looking too much into this?

What stick would you guys recommend?

2. BlackGeneral

BlackGeneral The Emperor of Elbows Bronze Supporter Content Manager Akira

PSN:
    BlackGeneral
    XBL:
    BeeGee VFDC
    Qanba Q4raf. Dual molded, so good for tournaments. Other than that, anything that has sanwa parts should be good.

jimi Claymore and DomAug like this.
  3. DomAug

DomAug dom Content Manager Lion Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    domaug
    I've built my own in the last few years and right now I'm preferring my Mixbox.

but considering the Qanba Q4RAF was my first stick, i think that's a great recommendation.

4. baobab

baobab Well-Known Member

XBL:
    surgical donuts
    I have a mayflash f500, it'll run on anything under the sun and was built to be modded. They go so far as to tell you what sanwa part numbers to use. Swapping out the stick and buttons are pretty easy. It's $90, so it's not super expensive either.

DomAug and jimi Claymore like this.
  5. DomAug

DomAug dom Content Manager Lion Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    domaug
    the Mayflash sticks are GREAT if you just want something affordable that works. i would recommend it for anyone with a budget of under $100. plus like you said they're so easy to mod. you can swap out parts with very little effort.

6. beanboy

beanboy Well-Known Member

I hear the dreamcast arcade stick, is actually pretty good for VF.

DomAug likes this.
  7. KrsJin

KrsJin Well-Known Member

DomAug and jimi Claymore like this.