1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

finally got it, need help

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by Guest, Oct 29, 1999.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

i have a mental block on dlc's that for some reason makes me go crazy after the second hit, but theres probably nothingyou can do about that, what i do have a question about however, is is there any way to make knees easier, i mean th K,G(hold for 1 frame) kind, because im having serious trouble on this, also, maybe its ust me, but im finding im getting the first two hits of spods almost exactly every other time, which i find a little odd, but overall, i love the game and am very excited about it.

2. Guest

Guest Guest

The usual way I get the knee is to hit K ang G at the same time, but instead of centered on the G I scarpe the edge of the button with my fingernail, so that it slides off quickly. You'll get the feel for it soon, and it's not that hard.

For the thrid hit of the SPoD, the problem that most people have, or at least most of us had when learning, was that when doing the b+P or f+P, for the last part, we would roll past B of F and hit P when we were are u/f or u/b.

All I can say for the DLC though is the same thing Rodney kept telling me when I was learning. "Do it SLOWLY" you can easily enter the first 2 parts while the kick is coming out, so slow down and be sure to get the bodycheck motion in correctly.

Nutlog

3. Guest

Guest Guest

thx, i pretty much got the spod nailed now when im not fighting, when im in training mode, but im still having a poopload of trouble with dlc, but ill try your advice, thx man

4. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Ting Akira, one of my regular sparring partners back in Singapore, actually grew his thumb nail longer just so he would be able to hit that G button within a frame with greater accuracy. Talk about nuts huh? /images/icons/wink.gif

As for the DLC, Nutlog's advice is sound. Do the bodycheck motion slowly, and make sure each input is precise. You should be able to tell if you're inputting the commands correctly in the Training Mode.

ice-9 | Sennin

5. Guest

Guest Guest

thx, i tried it and it worked, but to do it i have to look at the joystick, will i grow out of theis, its not like im paying any attention to what im looking at, its just it wont work if it dont, but i dont need to look at the joystick to spod do i assume ill grow out of it.

6. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Yes, you can assume that you will, eventually.

ice-9 | Sennin