1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Finger postion on Sticks?

Discussion in 'Console' started by DlooB, May 2, 2002.

1. DlooB

DlooB Member

Hey, just got a stick to get a bit better (or suck less..) at vf4. I've been struggling between two postion for my fingers...

First is
    Thumb on G, index on P, and major on the K
    the other is
    index on G, major on P, ring on K.

The button are aligned (prepare for mediocre asci art..) in the following way:

.............. P....... K
    .... G

I know this is all about opinion, and what I feel confortable with, but so, I've only played with the Dpad so far, and.. well.. both are just as good/bad for now. Just want some input.

I'll probably using the hori t4 stick on the long run by the way.

DlooB

2. Mike90210

Mike90210 Well-Known Member

if u plan to play SC2 use thumb for guard so u can get use to it. also everyone i know uses that format.

3. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    I've been using index G for quite some time. I believe I'm going to switch to thumb G to better execute Akira's knee. Currently, index G feels more natural for my hand, though (I use the ASCII FT2 stick).

Mike's point is good, as well. I imagine I'll pick up SC2 at some point.