1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Fire Chests... *is prepared to be beaten*

Discussion in 'Quest, Kumite and Items' started by Kefka, Sep 22, 2004.

1. Kefka

Kefka Active Member

err...

Hello, everyone.

After using the site for so many years, I have a question that finds no answer =/

I had Kage "Hunter", Akira "Sentinel", Goh "Warrior", Lau "Veteran" all with at least the first 6 arcades at 100% when my memory card corrupted.

I stopped for 6 months, but I miss it too much so I recreated Kage and created Jeffry in VF4 Evo's Quest mode.

While playing with Jeffry, that I find surprisingly fun to play with, by the way, I got two, yes TWO fire chests !

One on my first battle in Ardade B and the other in Arcade C at around 80% completion.

The thing is, I had never seen a fire chest in all my hours of VF4 Evo before (see corrupted chars).

My question is, how come ? I'v seen many Bronze, Silver and Gold chests, but no Fire. And now I see two and at the begining of the game. Are they better than Gold ?

If you need to know they were containing Heart Tatoo and Pirate Eyepatch.

Thanks for the awesome site,
    Kefka

2. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    [ QUOTE ]
    Kefka said:

My question is, how come ? I'v seen many Bronze, Silver and Gold chests, but no Fire. And now I see two and at the begining of the game. Are they better than Gold ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nobody here can answer your first question. There's no science behind getting prize matches. The closest thing you'll find is already explained in the Quest and Items FAQs, and the criteria for each prize match only means that MAYBE you'll get one.

It's like a lottery, so all you can do is just keep playing a lot, and continuously, and eventually they'll appear. If you meet the criteria for a prize match, all that does is buy you a lottery ticket.

The answer to your second question can be found in the FAQs. Being "better" or not really depends on the items those chests contain for your better. But they have higher requirements than Gold if that's anything to go by.

3. Kefka

Kefka Active Member

So I was really lucky o_O
    Thanks for the reply.

I thought maybe the difference with fire chests is that they cannot contain cash =/

4. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Well, if you've already received the fire chest item(s) for your character, the next time you win a fire chest with that character, it will contain money.