1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Flamingo Options

Discussion in 'Sarah' started by ultralewis, Jun 23, 2009.

1. Slide

Slide Well-Known Member

Her P in flamingo is 9f.

No problem, man.

2. Dennis0201

Dennis0201 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the information!!
    One quick question, which move is the best way into FL?
    4K has all advantage, so can I count on it?

4PKG you by pass any linear move and flips backwards:
    So Sarah can be hit by half circular? For example, Akira's 46P+K?

3. Slide

Slide Well-Known Member

There is no best way, 4K is the most useful way though.

As for Akira's 46P+K I don't know, if you did it right away you'd probably miss. If you run in and do it she might be finished.

4. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Theres many options, I dont think theres one over the others, switch kick is one but its kinda slow.

[4][K] offers best advantage on block, but is 17 frames. Otherwise excellent move. P~G -> b+K [​IMG] <3 love it.

[3][P][K] is excellent as long as you can hit your opponent with it as its double-high, otherwise risky. Great for punishing and going to flamingo at same time. +6 on normal hit. On block its -1, so the 9f FL [P] will still interrupt most everything. On any hit you got the FL df+K mixup that cant be interrupted. This is hitcheckable also if you just throw out [3][P]'s

These two are imo the best entries.

[K]+[G] is very useful fullcircular high into flamingo that sideturns on hit.

I use [6][P][4][K] a fair bit as while its not that good on paper, the followup to flamingo after an elbow stagger is just too practical. -3 on block so you may wanna backflip. Thankfully many opponents dont seem to know the framestats on this move. Many Sarah players seem to prefer the knockdown knee followup however, hitchecked.

[P]+[K] is a sabaki best used in advantage due to its sabaki window starting late, but its +2 on block (beats Leis doku roll perfectly btw). Good for sabaki-ing spams from slight range.

[9][K]+[G][K][K]~[G] jumps over low attacks, I use it to kill low rising kicks mainly. It can also do some wacky uramawari, where Sarah will jump over opponent then do a 180 degree turn and stagger opponent with the second kick.

long distance [6][6][K]+[G][K]~[G] is bit risky as its high attack, but many an opponent has eaten the stagger -> gatling kick throw. The second kick is fullcircular mid.

[3][K][K] -> is one of the worse flamingostarters, if not the worst, but it has 3 hits in short succession after the initial mid. I use it sometimes in okizeme pressure but not much otherwise.

[4][4][K][K]~[G] the first kick is possibly the fastest kick in the game at (movelist says) 13 frames, but its only a semicircular high. Therefore bit risky, but sometimes you can use it. df+PK is better though imo. The second kick is a special high, but then you cant go into flamingo.

[4][K]+[G]~[G] is the famous 'instant flamingo', but I think its not so great except when opponent is feeling pressurized. Or when you have time to do it.

I guess I can tell the good points on every one of her FLA starters.. its just the case of how to utilize them. [​IMG]

ps. As for what the backflip avoids, I'm not sure really, as I don't use it that much. My style is mainly to abare from flamingo with the FL P mostly, and mix it up with the backflip so opponents don't try to punish it. She can be hit out of it, but I dont really know with what.

5. Griever

Griever Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Griever_PL
    Thank You Slide and Manji. I read all there is about Sarah, practiced her combos, etc. But I just didn't have any practical knowledge when it comes to Flamingo. All of this is very helpful. I hope it will bring results. Cheers

6. Dennis0201

Dennis0201 Well-Known Member

Me too, thank you Slide and Manji,
    Too many stuffs need to digest.....

7. Slide

Slide Well-Known Member

It's not so bad. First of all it's got quite a bit of range, and secondly you can check the 2nd K. So if they evade the 3K you check the followup, if they stagger the first K you can check the followup or dash in instead of going into stance.

The pushback 3KK creates can allow you to sweep. You're better off making sure the 2nd K connects on hit though, if it's guarded try to get out with minimal damage.

Besides all that, the range on the game's 3K(sidekick) moves are retarded far.

p.s. Dennis and Griever, no prob.