1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Followups to Akira's df+P+K+GP MC

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Plague, Mar 29, 2002.

1. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    I imagine you could follow the df+P+K+GP MC with shrm>DJK. Has anyone had success with this?

Also, what creates MC opportunity for the power elbow? I imagine if the df+P+K+G is blocked, the oppenent could try to counter and catch the P for a stomach crumble, but if the df+P+K+G hits (normal or MC), there doesn't seem to be enough time for opponents to react before the P followup to create an MC situation.

2. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

not sure about the second part of your query, but i normally do this as a combo

df+p+k(crumple) ~ shlrm ~ DJK

however the djk can be tech rolled out of, but when it is'nt it's packs of damage!

3. Bu_Jessoom

Bu_Jessoom Well-Known Member

... Or you can do the AS3, but it can also be tech-rolled I think.... /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

4. ghostdog

ghostdog Well-Known Member

I imagine you could follow the df+P+K+GP MC with shrm>DJK.

Try Akira's DJK. It gives good damage at about 74 pts of damage, and is easy to perform. Some other alternatives would be a deep bodycheck (dBC) or a modified double palm (m-DbPlm). There are other options, but those are a few quick attacks that give good damage without an opportunity for a techroll.

Also, what creates MC opportunity for the power elbow?

This is just a suggestion, but maybe you should try it during the opponent's techroll. It tracks well, and it gives you that nice kuzure down stomach crumple (or is it crumble?). Sometimes it hits, sometimes it doesn't.

5. MrWhite

MrWhite Well-Known Member

the opp. will techroll everytime after the elbow in d/f+P+K+G,P. You cannot combo it unless you get an initial bounce, in which you can add a DJK | d+P, dblplm | shrm | BC. Your going to want to MC an air maneuver from your opp. for the most success in setting up a bounce (i.e. knee, hop kick, jump kick, etc.).

6. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    Thank you all for your input.