1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

For people who use but hate Windows....

Discussion in 'General' started by CreeD, Sep 18, 2003.

1. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

http://www.annoyances.org

This page is a lifesaver. I'll probably stick with windows always, not because it's so much better than any other OS (it's not) but because this page has made it tolerable for me... where in the past I'd get infuriating problems that I just couldn't fix. This is especially true because I've been holding back on windows 98se and not going to a more stable version. Don't buy any BS propaganda, 98se is only better than original 98 and 95, but it's got nothing on XP/2000. So if you're stuck on 98 for the time being, you'll be hitting up this page over and over.

A fairly simple example of how it's made life a little easier -
    When I click links, like unread posts, in internet explorer... it hangs for a half second and I can't move my mouse, then I hear the familiar "click" sound and the page displays.

Someone else mentioned they hated the click, so I looked up how to disable it on the site. I tried disabling the click myself, and I don't miss it, and now I no longer get that annoying freeze when I click a link.

I know I could use another browser, or optimize my comp. somehow to make the sound effect more accessible or something, but to me this solution was much more simple and satisfying... and it's not something that's immediately obvious (it's not in internet options, it's under control panel --> sounds --> start navigation).

Other stuff I've fixed with the site's help -
    -get rid of retarded right click options you never wanted (lol)
    -change XP's built in unzip functionality so you can use something else.
    -get rid of the useless "links" etc folders under your IE favorites menu.
    -get rid of a logon/password screen when you reboot if you don't need it.
    -for those of you living with mom, stop windows from automatically loading your last-viewed files into the My Documents folder.
    -get rid of the My Pictures folder if you don't want to always have pix saved there.

You get the idea. It's a great site, and solves a lot of crashes/irritations/etc.

2. Jacky_San

Jacky_San Well-Known Member

Thanks Creed this addresses something that always pisses me off, my Icons getting reaaranged.

3. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

Nice page!
    I'll try it out when I get some time on the weekend.

I have an XP box to capture video, edit video, shit like that. Computing is done on my Linux box though. /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif