1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

For the UK ppl

Discussion in 'General' started by Page, Mar 14, 2001.

1. Page

Page Member

Me and Emil had a 'discusion' the other day. I contend that Oasis is very popular in the UK, he says that they are most popular in NA, if at all.

Which way is it?

2. uk_kid

uk_kid Well-Known Member

oasis are huge here. i thought they were unpopular stateside....

3. Hayai_JiJi

Hayai_JiJi Well-Known Member

If you are talking about the band Oasis. They were only popular in the states when that Wunderwall cd was out and then there popularity faded. They are still very popular in the UK I believe. Same with Silver Chair they were once popular in the states but are now only realy popular in their native Austraila. If you were not talking about the band then I am an idiot:)

Under the surface of the most jaded cynic lies a dissappointed idealist- George Carlin

4. Llanfair

Llanfair Well-Known Member

Well, Oasis had their place here in NA for a while - I think that's faded. Once 'What's the Story Morning Glory' (as an album) was over and overplayed and their new stuff is merely a bass line derivative of their old stuff, they're only somewhat popular here. They still command quite a crowd in concert, I'm sure. I've heard they're quite the UK band tho - with a very loyal following in the UK.

I'd say this is analogous to Blur's popularity here versus the UK.

Now, the Levellers are a different story - too bad cuz they're great.

cheers,

<font color=white> Llanfair the prized <font color=green>cabbage</font color=green></font color=white>

5. Guest

Guest Guest

dw man you aren't an idiot this time.

Thx all, I was just making sure. Oasis is my fav band, so its nice to know they're popular somewhere.

"Good hitting always beats good pitching, and vice versa."
    Prof. Casey Stangel