1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

For those who know your MBTI type, what are you?

Discussion in 'General' started by Hyunster, May 28, 2012.

1. Hyunster

Hyunster Well-Known Member

For those who know your MBTI type, what are you?

Well, well, interesting that this kind of discussion pops up here. For those who know your MBTI type, what are you? To keep this topic relevant, let's just say that I am curious what the personality types of people who play VF/FG are. I am an INFJ, with some leaning toward INTJ.

2. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

Not sure it belongs in this thread but it would be interesting to see other peoples, i'm an INFP apparently.

3. Plume

Plume Well-Known Member

I don't know which type I am, but going with wikipedia's explanations it seems that I'm ISTP. Some of the given examples describe me very well. I thought it was ISTJ at first, but when I went to the ISTJ page I understood that I got the last letter way wrong...

I have my own theory on what FG players might have in common.
    Nobody will care because I have no science behind me but I have observed that, in any game, some people are smarter when acting as a team while others are smarter when acting as an individual.
    I'm stronger as an individual, and I think that most FG players who are actually good at FGs might be that way.

There is more to it, though.
    I can't play RTS games like Starcraft because I can't concentrate on many things at once.
    Apparently it's a sign of lower IQ, yippee.
    On the other hand I seem to pay more attention than most people when my concentration is allowed to be focused.

I have doubts that you can explain anything with only one theory, whichever it may be.

4. JHow77

JHow77 Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JHow77
    @Mods - let's split this talk about MBTI types into another thread. I can't believe I've never thought to start a topic on this, and it is interesting to know.

Me, I am type ISTP, and the only toggle would be between introverted and extroverted, because I am an STP to the core! =)

@Plume, man, me and you will disagree, you "J"udger you!! =)

5. Plume

Plume Well-Known Member

Hehe, I edited my post.
    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I thought it was ISTJ at first, but when I went to the ISTJ page I understood that I got the last letter way wrong...</div></div>
    Whew, we should be safe! [​IMG]

6. JHow77

JHow77 Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JHow77
    @Plume:

The only other ISTP I know is my father. ISTP is one of the rare types.

7. Plume

Plume Well-Known Member

Dammit, looks like we'll have to disagree because of our fathers, then!
    My father should be ISTJ, he really likes to devise a plan and keep a routine.

8. JHow77

JHow77 Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JHow77
    MBTI is interesting in so many ways. For instance, an ISTP is definitely someone you would NOT want as the general of an army, because we would over think things to death and get killed while thinking, whereas an ISTJ takes charge with little regard to the outcome, but still has a plan.

9. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

I guess I toggle between INFP and ENFP, though the latter is rare.

Question, are there reliable online tests for MBTI types? I've only been through this stuff with my counsellor and it was a while ago.

10. JHow77

JHow77 Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JHow77
    Yes, there are quite a few MBTI tests online. But it still can be misleading in terms of what one thinks they are. Everyone should know about a truly amazing book on this subject, called "Please Understand Me." I HIGHLY recommend reading it!! But start with part 1 for sure.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/0...;condition=used

Also interesting is that most people will toggle between introverted and extroverted, but the last letter, "P"erceiving or "J"udging has little to no toggle at all, and very much dictates your personality. The I & E have the least overall affect.

One of the best things I've heard in terms of clarifying whether you are more introverted or extroverted is this:

An introvert needs to be alone to recharge his/her battery.
    An extrovert needs to be with people to recharge his/her battery.

11. steelbaz

steelbaz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Raze--
    XBL:
    spliffy baz
    I remember taking one of those tests a while back, think I ended up with an INTJ.

12. Seidon

Seidon The God of Battle walks alongside me! Content Mgr El Blaze

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    Mbti thread:

ESFP.

Seems pretty accurate but these thing always are, right? [​IMG]

13. Kamais_Ookin

Kamais_Ookin Well-Known Troll

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    ISTJ in the house here. [​IMG]

14. JHow77

JHow77 Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JHow77
    @Seidon - ESFP is the type of my longest and best friend - fun loving, easy going, and the life of the party.

@Kamais - My type can't understand the way your type thinks. =)

15. Tha_FeauchA

Tha_FeauchA Yosha!

PSN:
    Medina_Rico
    So all this talk got me interested in these "types" and I took one of dem durr free online test, (which probably aint super accurate) and it says my type is INTJ.

In the strength of preferences %, I got Introverted=89 Intuitive=69, Thinking=12 (lol), Judging=44

And this next part i'll just copy and paste.

You are:
    very expressed introvert

distinctively expressed intuitive personality

slightly expressed thinking personality

moderately expressed judging personality
    ----------------------------------------------

Whatever though lol, I was just a little interested to see. This is the test I took. Has like 75 yes or no questions.
    http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes1.htm

16. steelbaz

steelbaz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Raze--
    XBL:
    spliffy baz
    Alright another INTJ [​IMG]

17. Tha_FeauchA

Tha_FeauchA Yosha!

PSN:
    Medina_Rico
    *fist bump* [​IMG]

18. ChiefGutti

ChiefGutti Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ChiefGutti
    XBL:
    ChiefGuttiWolf
    I tend to end up in the following categories depending on the questions asked or tests taken:

ESFP - The Performer
    or
    ENFP - The Champion

Both of these are pretty accurate and would describe me in a nutshell.

oneida likes this.
  19. adamYUKI

adamYUKI Well-Known Member

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    Really like this MBTI stuff!

I used to always test as INFP a few years back, but recently I've gotten ENFP. I've definitely changed a bit...

In other words, I'm an IDEALIST overall (NF).

Gutti-kun, I even got ESFP a couple of times, so I slide between Sensing (S) and Intuition (n) depending on questions asked and tests taken.

I think ENFP describes me pretty well nowadays. [​IMG]

oneida likes this.
  20. SicilianVizzini

SicilianVizzini Well-Known Member

There was definitely one or two questions that neither answers in the test felt right, and those may have swayed the outcome slightly, but the results below do seem surprisingly insightful.

What it all means for when playing VF5FS is anyone's guess, but maybe I'll need a new vfdc name, as I'm sure the intuition and thinking scores I've got look more Obi Wan than Princess Bride's Sicilian Vizzini [​IMG]

Type: INTJ

Introverted 11%
    Intuitive 88%
    Thinking 12%
    Judging 44%

Slightly expressed introvert
    Very expressed intuitive personality
    Slightly expressed thinking personality
    Moderately expressed judging personality