1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Forums Upgraded to XF 1.4

Discussion in 'Site News, Questions and Feedback' started by Myke, Sep 26, 2014.

1. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    The forums have been upgraded to the latest stable release of XenForo 1.4.0. This release includes a number of bug fixes, performance improvements, and the following new features:

Online Status Indicator
    When viewing messages, an online indicator can now be seen in the upper left corner of the user's avatar:
    online-indicator.PNG
    When the user is not online (or invisible), no indicator is shown.

Selective Quoting
    Have you ever wanted to reply to just a snippet of a long email? Were you the lazy type and just quoted the entire post, or, did you quote the entire post before trimming it back? Or were you old school and just copy/paste the segment while enclosing your own Quote BbCodes around the text? Regardless of your style or habit, selective quoting now makes all of that so much easier!
    selective-quote.PNG
    Now when you highlight the text you're interested in, a small overlay appears with the option to add it to your multi-quote queue (+Quote), or quote the highlighted text in the quick reply box (Reply).

New Profile Posts
    When viewing "New Posts" to see new content since your last visit, and additional tab is now available to show you just the Profile Posts. You may also access this via Members > New Profile Posts.

new-profile-posts.PNG

Live Streams
    Not directly part of the forum upgrade, but a new add-on has been added thanks to your support through donations. We now have a live streaming front-end right here on VFDC and you can access this area through the Streams link on the main navigation bar:

vfdc-streams.PNG

To start things off, I've added a couple of the more commonly known VF related channels. All registered users, however, can submit channels that may be added as well (subject to approval). When any of these channels go live, a little alert bubble appears over the Streams link in the nav bar to notify you, and by default, live streams will automatically be listed when you hit the Streams page. When no streams are currently live, feel free to browse the current channel selection.

There's more tinkering on this new Streams feature that I need to do, so I'll leave it at that for now but I will add that the MultiView feature is pretty neat (more on this later, unless you can figure it out yourself!?) :)

G0d3L, Rome, Puno_de_Leyenda and 13 others like this.
  2. Riskbreak

Riskbreak Member

PSN:
    Riskbreak_
    Awesome, I'm loving the New Profile Posts button.

3. Modelah

Modelah Well-Known Member VFDC Translator Content Manager Taka

PSN:
    Modelah
    The addition of a streams tab is nothing short of A W E S O M E. @Myke, thank you for ensuring that I will never get any housework done. Great stuff!

aoi ameindei likes this.
  4. Dragonps

Dragonps Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ENGDragon83
    XBL:
    ENGDragon83
    Awesome bean sauce thank you :)

5. Chibitox

Chibitox Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

Cool features !

6. oneida

oneida Long Arm of the Lau Silver Supporter

PSN:
    oneida_vf
    XBL:
    oneida1
    thanks myke!!

7. MakiLeSushi

MakiLeSushi Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    Nice job myke :)

8. Shidosha

Shidosha Well-Known Member

PSN:
    I_Am_Shidosha
    XBL:
    Ur Not Shidosha
    beautiful <3

9. DigitlSamurai

DigitlSamurai Well-Known Member

PSN:
    DigitlSamurai
    XBL:
    DgtlSamurai KOF
    Are YouTube channels eligible for this, or only live streams?

10. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    The focus is on live streams for the moment.

11. aoi ameindei

aoi ameindei Well-Known Member

PSN:
    INSTA_BOLT
    thank you myke

12. erdraug

erdraug Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

XBL:
    erdraug
    @Myke : Recently google replaced the youtube API with a newer version. This seems to have affected VFdc's Media section. Just a heads up & apologies if it has already been mentioned a million times already via means other than this subforum.

KrsJin likes this.
  13. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    The Media add-on has just been updated to accommodate the changes in the YouTube API.

erdraug likes this.