1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Fought a different Dural, what gives??????

Discussion in 'Quest, Kumite and Items' started by egghead64, Apr 4, 2002.

1. egghead64

egghead64 Member

Last night I fought a Dural that was cloaked, I chose Lau as my character, and the difficulty was on normal. I didn't pay attention to the play time though, any comments on that?????

2. 3of19

3of19 Well-Known Member

Yes, I remember. There was a lot of discussion about that back when the first arcade machines came to the US and UK. I don't think we were able to find out what caused the "predator" Dural...

3. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Get through Arcade mode in 4'30" or under (or some other time, I forgot exactly, but it's mentioned in the PS2 VF4 White Book), and you get to face predator Dural.

4. bfnh

bfnh Member

PSN:
    bfnh
    Get through Arcade mode in 4'30" or under ...

i think that time is dependent upon your number of rounds. i read that if it's 3 rounds, the time is under 9 minutes, and i suppose it would be 13'30" for 5 rounds.

5. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

Hmm... I wonder if there's anyway to select the transparent Dural in vs. mode. I only see light blue (I guess it's suppose to be silver) and gold Dural. Good news tho... gives me some motivation to actually use the arcade mode... =)

6. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Actually...it works out like this

If u set arcade mode to 1 round per match...u have 4.30 mins to reach Dural..any more than that, u won't get to see predator Dural.

2 rounds per match-> 4.30 *2= 9 mins

3 rounds per match-> 4.30*3

N so on n on n on.

7. sevensixtwo

sevensixtwo New Member

Egghead, I am a noob to the board but not a noob to fighting games...VF is more a button mashers delight than Tekken. Get it right. I dont know how you havent seen it. (commenting your signature)

8. cooks94

cooks94 Well-Known Member

Just dont start with Virtua Fighter Vs. Tekken. If you want to just go to some tekken board and im sure youll find plenty.

9. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

Predator Dural is really neat. I'm glad I checked this out. She looks like the water in the fountain stage... completely transpartent, just the diffraction from the background. Very cool effect... much tougher to beat Dural when you can't really see her arms... Ooh, and you can save the replay, so you can check it out in more detail later.